RAG Rocketry V2

Discussions for scratch builders. For the enthusiast that builds from the ground up. Tell us what you've built and what projects you working on in the space race.

Moderator: Moderators

Lister
Engineer
Engineer

Re: RAG Rocketry V2

Postby Lister » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:33 am

Lamp wrote:Actually, a good long liner could make a pretty good mandril for rolling a tube...

Wouldn't that make a tube the same diameter as the motor case as the liner fits inside the reloadable case?

Lamp
Aged like a good scotch
Aged like a good scotch

Postby Lamp » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Yeah, good point! Maybe I should sometimes have my morning coffee and put the brain into gear before posting ;-)
‘It takes sixty-five thousand errors before you are qualified to make a rocket.’ — Werhner von Braun
TRA 12286 L3
TAP member

SpaceManMat
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby SpaceManMat » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Good size for making a coupler?

Lister wrote:
Lamp wrote:Actually, a good long liner could make a pretty good mandril for rolling a tube...

Wouldn't that make a tube the same diameter as the motor case as the liner fits inside the reloadable case?
QRS: 124
AMRS: 32 L2 RSO
Highest Altitude: 10,849 feet
Largest Motor: CTI 1115J530 IM
Current Project: X Wing

Lister
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Lister » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Yeah that would work.. then if I get the coupler perfectly round I have a fibreglass 3" coupler that I can use as a mandrel and roll 3" tubes off that.. Now I just need to find a heap more phenolic liners to make a long mandrel for the coupler.. then re use the extra liners for a fleet of V2's :twisted:

Return to “Scratch Built”