Rocket stand

Discussions about techniques for rocket building. Leave your tips and tricks to making the perfect rocket.

Moderator: Moderators

hybridhighflyer
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Rocket stand

Postby hybridhighflyer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:34 pm

If it was my mum in law I still would have done it..... the wife a different story.

Mum in law I would have done it and given her one for christmas. Whats good about this is she would nagg to the dad in law so either way I win.

Its ok she is nice to me too lol

strud
Engineer
Engineer

Postby strud » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:14 am

Scoop I like your PVC modular design, methinks I'll make something like that too

CS

str8up
Children, today we're going to learn about space
Children, today we're going to learn about space

Postby str8up » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:58 am

A slight variation on the theme - a cheap vertical stand for 24 mm, 29 mm, 38 mm and 54 mm MMT rockets.

Bunnings have 40 cm "Moretti" pedistal fans on sale for $12 - in the catalogue, but our local store has them for $10.
Now it is light weight Chinese steel in the 'legs' but for $10 its a cheap way to get a stand - and it only takes 4 screws to assemble.
I use the bottom "pedistal" section of a pedistal fan and disgarded the fan part. 600 mm X feet with a 32 mm diameter 350 mm high vertical tube.
Take off the tightening ring for the height agjustment of the fan and it fits a 38 mm MMT very nicely and even has a plastic top to the tube. (Just push the top thinner diameter tube of the pedistal down out of the way or disgard)
For $10 it is a cheap and simple solution to sorting your rockets vertically - and isn't that the way rockets are supposed to look.
With the 43 mm diameter tightening ring in position a 54 mm MMT rocket sits on the stand nicely.
The top tube of the pedistal is 22 mm diameter and so will support a 24 mm or a 29 mm MMT rocket. My 29 mm MMT rockets with a HAMR retainers sit down very neatly on the plastic tightening ring and this holds the rocket vertical dispite the smaller diameter of the tube itself.
I will build more substantial stands in the future but for now these are a quick and simple way to display my rockets.

Return to “How to's”