Forum history of a rocketry in WA

Moderator: Moderators

Tarpazium
Engineer
Engineer

New Membership Fee Structure

Postby Tarpazium » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi Guys,

Increasing costs always seem to be one of those inevitable aspects of life ie "death & taxes" or "lost rockets & membership fee increases".

I understand that PARC has to recently increased its membership fee structure. I was wondering how this was going. I can image that it may have been a bit of a bitter pill to swallow especially if you have had a large proportion of your membership base mentally accustomed to only having paid $20 per annum and now having to pay anything up to $100-00.

Can someone from PARC advise the forum for the benefit of other clubs, how you went about selling the new fee structure to your members and were there any lessons that you have learnt by both the executive and the members ?

Tarp
“Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so.”

[IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m149/tarpazium/jz1afQl.gif[/IMG]

hotspot
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby hotspot » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:31 pm

The 100 is ok I pay 370 a year to be involved with the Kams model club in Perth.

6111_2
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby 6111_2 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:09 pm

For most of PARC's members it is only an increase of $15. I believe the increase of a $100 applies to approx 10 members and if you look at the cost involved up until recently to gain a POP license the pricing is not much different.

$17.50 POP
$46.00 Police Clearance (no longer needed)
$20.00 or $35 for family

for a single $ 83.50 total no insurance
for a family $98.50 total no insurance

the new system is $117.50 includes $17.50 for your POP license and insurance.

Then you can add the $80 that some members pay for being a tripoli member which is about 6-8 members in PARC. I know wolflair didnt get any benefits for being a tripoli member so that $80 is now a saving.

28 members increase will be from $20 to $50 but as a majority pay $35 for family it is an increase of $15.00 per year to have insurance.

All but 2 members were happy with the new structure and possibly the tripoli members???(exclude wolflair) And PARC is currently covered for insurance at no extra cost to its members until memberships are due in 1st July 08.

And PARC has only put $500 towards the insurance as a member of the club paid the other $1500 in advance so that PARC did not drain all its funds and can have enough surplus to cover the next premium in 09.

I also understand that the PARC Committee will be looking at trying to decrease the $100 to $80 or cheaper over the next few years.

Stanbridges has also offered financial assistance if PARC requires it later down the track.

I personally pay alot more to be a member of other clubs some include insurance and some do not.

For all official information regarding PARC I would recommend to go to www.perthrocketclub.com

astroboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby astroboy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:28 pm

At that price it is still cheap when you consider the cost of other non-rocketry related clubs around.! :)
Satans stooge.

Tarpazium
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Tarpazium » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:31 am

lAstroboy Wrote:

At that price it is still cheap when you consider the cost of other non-rocketry related clubs around.! Smile

Thanks also Wolfies-Gurl,

Yes, I have a six year old who plays under 7's Soccer...... and that cost more for the winter season than it does to fly high powered rockets in WA.

Tarp
“Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so.”

[IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m149/tarpazium/jz1afQl.gif[/IMG]

Return to “Rocketry in WA”