joining and motors

Forum history of a rocketry in WA

Moderator: Moderators

dazza98
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

joining and motors

Postby dazza98 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:54 pm

Hi guys i want to join parc before your next launch and i have a rocket that takes g motors. What do i need to do so i can buy these motors and launch my rocket. :?

Scoop1261
L3 Rocket GURU
L3 Rocket GURU

Postby Scoop1261 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:36 pm

Hi dazza,

You will need to join a recognized rocket club before you can apply for your DOCEP pyrotechnics operators permit that is required to fly motors larger than D or any composite engines.

I would be glad to assist you with any requirements you have.

I am currently in the US doing some rocket flying and will be back in Perth next week, drop me a PM if you need any help.

Oh yeah.....welcome to the forum :D
Why Limit Yourself?

AMRS #4 - L3 |TRA #11080 - L3 |MDRA #263

Impulse: A Whole Lot ..So much I've lost count!

6111_1
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Re: joining and motors

Postby 6111_1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:30 pm

dazza98 wrote:Hi guys i want to join parc before your next launch and i have a rocket that takes g motors. What do i need to do so i can buy these motors and launch my rocket. :?

Hi dazza98,

Fistly to buy "g" motors you need to be a member of PARC then you can apply for a POP permit. All the details for this can be found on the downloads section at this link;
www.perthrocketclub.com

If you require assistance or have any further questions you can always contact any one of the helpful Committee members listed on the website directly.

Being a member of PARC you will also get 10% discount on your aerotech (estes and quest as well) motors when purchased at Stanbridges Hobbies.

Once your membership application is recieved you should have your membership card and membership pack within 7 days and the POP permit can take from 7 to 14 days. More than enough time before the proposed launch date in April. Official Launch dates can be found on the PARC website also.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Return to “Rocketry in WA”