Contact information on MMRG, to put in library books!

Melbourne Metro Rocketry Group

Moderator: Moderators

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Contact information on MMRG, to put in library books!

Postby OverTheTop » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi Guys,
Long time no hear (from me!) I have been extremely busy so I dropped out of the forum for quite a while. Appologies.

Hope you have all had lots of good launches. I launched a couple of weeks back after a break of over a year :cry:

Our local library has purchased a couple of books on model rocketry (at "someones" request). Handbook of Model Rocketry (Stine), and 50 Model Rocket Projects for the Evil Genius (Harper).

Do you want me slip the MMRG contact details inside somewhere (with the Library's permission) for readers to contact you guys? Sounds good to me, what do you think?

Stewart

andrew scott
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby andrew scott » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi OverTheTop welcome back. :D

So the local library has Rocket books 8)

"Handbook of Model Rocketry" is it the seventh edition or older.

50 Model Rocket Projects for the Evil Genius :twisted: :wink:

that sound like the book this club must have (I have it, but dos that make me Evil) :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

please slip them the contact details for the club and include the web site for this forum :)

we will be flying :roll: my be at the end of march :?:

NAR 51647 L1

MMRG 00001 L1

TRA 10404 L1

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Postby OverTheTop » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:55 pm

No problems. I'll tart up a nice ad for Australian Rocketry and MMRG. I might even ask them to display the books to generate a bit of interest.

"Model Rocketry Handbook" is the lastest (7th) edition.

The "50 Model Rocket Projects for the Evil Genius" could have been a bit of a dud, based on the title. Looking through the book (haven't had time to read it yet) it has some great stuff. Starts with basic rocket fundamentals (action-reaction etc), progresses through experiments (hydrogen fuelled eye-dropper rocket!), then model rocketry in a quick overview. There are also projects for electronics, including a camera, data logging (altitude, roll-rate, exhaust gas temperature etc!) using an easy-to-handle microcontroller component called a Basic Stamp. Good mixture of great and quirky information.

I'll probably catch you guys at the next launch. My daughter is keen to go to a launch like we went to 18 months ago, with lots of different rockets. We have a couple of new birds to try as well.

Ciao for Now.

Stewart

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Postby OverTheTop » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:03 pm

I have to return the books in a couple of days. I have made up a nice color stick-on label into the books somewhere. It mentions Australian Rocketry website, MMRG, and Suburban Rocketry. Sorry if I missed anyone else out!

Interestingly, somebody already has the books reserved!

Might get along to a launch on the 29th at the wetlands if I'm lucky.

Ciao for now.
Stewart

Return to “MMRG”