sara

Melbourne Metro Rocketry Group

Moderator: Moderators

cody1382
Rocket Flyer
Rocket Flyer

sara

Postby cody1382 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:16 am

i was wondering if anyone was actually interested in coming over to sale for a few launches?
Thanks andrew for coming over but its a pitty we never got to hang out.
we got at least a 5K site thats not far from melb.
I cant help but think theres something else im not aware of going down here.
remember your all welcome to our launchs an if youd like more notice before a flight shoot us your email an we'll sort somn out.
Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
im not into anything underhand i would just like a few more people to launch with.
what ever you think of us over here we like shootn rockets an your more than welcome to join us.
We got a 5K pad an we recognise tripoli certs
come on over an play
TRA#11807

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Postby OverTheTop » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:58 am

Thanks for the invite. I keep thinking I would love to get down there for a launch, and also up to Serpentine sometime. Just family stuff limiting time available for me.

When I get my "Possum" (ringtail!) finished I might have to bring it down there for the extra altitude. Work in progress...

Catch you guys down there sometime.

The Wombat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby The Wombat » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:00 pm

Yep, will have to get around to it someday. Of course, you guys are also welcome to join us at any of our launches as well.
TRA #11586

Well wadda y'know.... it IS rocket science!

andrew scott
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Re: sara

Postby andrew scott » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:39 pm

This is from the ARA forum

"

At this current point in time SARA is not launching, period.

Three main factors have contributed to this:

1: Lack of member commitment/Lack of interest.
2: Complaints of illegal launching in the area.
3: SARA's main sponsor stopped selling rocket products due to financial difficulty.

Some complaints I have received have been from RAAF personnel, and other from private aircraft operators in the area.

As I have been blamed for these launches, I felt it necessary to demonstrate that I do not condone illegal launching.

I have done my best to promote safe and legal practices and to assist anyone wishing to do the same, often covering the costs of membership and materials out of my own pocket.
I no longer have the funding to do this.

I would like to point out that I have been to considerable effort to provide a safe and legal launching space, even to sensible non-members, and yet people would still rather do stupid things with rocket motors, and have it blamed on myself.

If this is to be the trend for the future, the I will close SARA for good.

Incidentally I am seeking interested individuals who wish to take over this club.

I apologies to all members of the ARA, and thank you all for your assistance and support over the past couple of years. "

it's sad to see any club close, but is a case lack of member commitment/Lack of interest or is it underlining issue with the ARA ??

to the guys and girls SARA thanks of good time at your first launch, I wish you's all the best and your more than welcome at one of MMRG launches that if we get off are a**'s and hold one :P :P or if you's like to drive Serpentine I'm more than pleased to be your sponsor at a TRAAU launch.

just contact me at mmrg@dodo.com.au

A. Scott :wink:

NAR 51647 L1

MMRG 00001 L1

TRA 10404 L1

Return to “MMRG”