Wetlands Launch site.

Melbourne Metro Rocketry Group

Moderator: Moderators

TSB
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Wetlands Launch site.

Postby TSB » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:41 pm

Where exactly is it, where do you enter/park?

Cheers

Tim

Wombat Old
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Wombat Old » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:35 pm

Access is off Stud Road between Heatherton Rd and the Monash Fwy. Enter and the Dandenong Basketball Centre, then drive around to the right-hand side rear of the building. Look toward the BBQ/playground area. The rocket field is just the other side of those trees.
What kind of person WRITES a maniacal laugh?

TRA#11586
L0 (so far)

skippy
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby skippy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:05 pm

The Wombat wrote:Access is off Stud Road between Heatherton Rd and the Monash Fwy. Enter and the Dandenong Basketball Centre, then drive around to the right-hand side rear of the building. Look toward the BBQ/playground area. The rocket field is just the other side of those trees.

Rocket field is the other side of the trees. Skippy's rockets are in the trees... :lol:[/img]

marsboy
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Wetlands launch

Postby marsboy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:34 pm

OK, now that we're into Autumn, it's high time that I launched some big stuff out at Dandenong Wetlands. This weekend's weather is no good but on the next nice Saturday or Sunday I'm planning to fly some Aerotech rockets on G motors: A high-flying Mustang, a super-wide G-Force and a super-tall Astrobee-D. Anyone interested in attending should post a reply as I'd welcome all and sundry to the launch and of course would love to see some smaller rockets launched too. So if the weather's good, Saturday 21st or Sunday 22nd March are what I'm aiming for. I'd really like to meet some other enthusiasts so please reply as my wife's getting tired of always being my tracker.
MARSBOY

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Wetlands launch

Postby krusty » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:38 pm

marsboy wrote:OK, now that we're into Autumn, it's high time that I launched some big stuff out at Dandenong Wetlands. This weekend's weather is no good but on the next nice Saturday or Sunday I'm planning to fly some Aerotech rockets on G motors: A high-flying Mustang, a super-wide G-Force and a super-tall Astrobee-D. Anyone interested in attending should post a reply as I'd welcome all and sundry to the launch and of course would love to see some smaller rockets launched too. So if the weather's good, Saturday 21st or Sunday 22nd March are what I'm aiming for. I'd really like to meet some other enthusiasts so please reply as my wife's getting tired of always being my tracker.

I'd be up for a launch!

Krusty

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Postby krusty » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Actually... Come to think of it.. I'm always up for a launch :wink:

Krusty

andrew scott
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby andrew scott » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:22 am

NOT this weekend I'm off to the air show and the next weekend is the GP

Saturday 21st, Sunday 22nd

let's say the 29 of March, is what I'm aiming for.

I'd like to have us meet wend there not so much of those high powered fighters flying around (that's all we need is to a F18 suck up rocket on it's way to the GP)

Marsboy, we like to meet you and other enthusiasts ( rocket nuts :wink: ) to join us at the wetlands, but lets do this with safety in mind

sorry marsboy but your wife is still going to be your tracker. :wink: :wink: :lol:

we have to find time to have a talk on what we're going to do about formalizing the club.

Andrew :wink:

NAR 51647 L1

MMRG 00001 L1

TRA 10404 L1

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Postby OverTheTop » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:26 pm

I'll see if we can make it along also. Might have my magnetic apogee detector ready for a fly in my new Interrogator by then also.

Will be good to see some slightly bigger stuff.

Stewart

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Postby krusty » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:24 pm

Oh no!!

I've just been reminded that I'm off to Bendigo for a wedding on the 21st, So if I do make it, it would be Sunday arvo :p

Krusty

The Wombat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby The Wombat » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:50 pm

I can make the Sunday, I gots me a feelin' ahm a gonna be busy sat'day.
TRA #11586

Well wadda y'know.... it IS rocket science!

marsboy
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Wetlands launch

Postby marsboy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Marsboy here again.
I'm hearing all points of view on the subject but I'm certainly not planning any "formal" event. As a beginner to this forum it is certainly not my place or my desire to start planning club launch meets. I'll leave that up to the more experienced rocketeers in the club though a formal gathering would be great! All I'm saying is that I'm going to be going out to the Wetlands that weekend anyway, weather permitting, and any are welcome to come and launch some rockets with me. I often launch up to E size rockets from Haye's Paddock in Kew with very few losses and I've been to the Wetlands twice with good results. Safety is ALWAYS a prime concern for me (ESPECIALLY with F and G motors) and I have no Level One Certification so cannot fly anything more powerful than a G motor anyway. After all these Total Fire Bans I'm really itching for another mid-power launch and the weekend of 21st and 22nd March is as good a date as any. Exactly WHICH day I will inform closer to the day. Anyway, I hope that I haven't stepped on anyone's toes, I'd just like to meet some of you is all.
MARSBOY

marsboy
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby marsboy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm

The following weekend (29th on) is also just as good if that makes things easier for others. I have no idea what the weather is going to be like on either weekend but I stopped tring to fly in even slightly windy conditions years ago as you just lose too many hard worked-on rockets that way!
MARSBOY

Kryten
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby Kryten » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:52 am

You should probably have some set dates throughout the year so people can plan around it
"Pub, ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks" (“Timeslides”)

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Postby krusty » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:44 am

Kryten wrote:You should probably have some set dates throughout the year so people can plan around it

Pfft!! Where'd be the fun in that??!! :wink:

Krusty

andrew scott
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby andrew scott » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:21 pm

well I'm back form the air show and guest who I bump into :?: :?: :?: :?::shock: and I do mean bump well all most :shock::oops:

and if the battery in my F***ing camera hadn't die I wound have gotten a pic :oops:

I'm going back on Sunday.

and this time I'm getting pics and getting one of my MMRG tee shirt signed.
Last edited by andrew scott on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NAR 51647 L1

MMRG 00001 L1

TRA 10404 L1

Return to “MMRG”