Melbourne Metro Rocketry Group

Moderator: Moderators

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Another Wetlands launch soon?

Postby krusty » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:27 am

Hi Marsboy!
Good news on the motors :) What kit did you order?

The 10th is out - Tripoli are flying! But sure we can catch up soon!

marsboy wrote:PS: Last time I was at the Wetlands I found a spent E9-4 casing. Naughty boys should clean up after themselves or we'll get a bad rep! :wink:

Sometimes rockets will spit the motor when the eject charge fires - it's impossible to find the motor, but normally all spent motors and rubish is removed when we leave the wetlands.

Krusty

marsboy
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby marsboy » Fri May 01, 2009 12:02 am

Silly me, I never thought about that, you're quite right and I've probably been guilty of leaving spent motors behind in the past especially with tumble recovery birds that are designed to spit their casings out. I guess it's just the neat freak in me coming out!
MARSBOY

marsboy
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby marsboy » Fri May 01, 2009 12:10 am

Oh, yeah, in answer to your other queery, Krusty, I've ordered a "Wart Hog" kit which has strakes aswell as fins and is based on a miltary missile. I don't care what people say, you really can't go past the quality of materials in an Aerotech kit (apart from an engine I once bought that blew up my beautiful "initiator"), they really are a cut above the rest! Happily, I can use the spare G80-7T which Aerotech refunded to me (SANS ROCKET!) and will power it nicely. I have however, canibalised a large amount of the destroyed Initiator to use in my other birds.
MARSBOY

marsboy
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Next Wetlands Launch

Postby marsboy » Tue May 05, 2009 11:01 pm

Now I know that there are a couple of big launches coming up in the next couple of weeks for Tripoli, etc, but I'd like to get together again for another Wetlands launch, preferably on the next fine Saturday, perhaps at the end of this month, I've got a few G engines from the Hobbyman plus I've finally built my very first scatch-built rocket! It's small but it's my very own design and am looking forward to testing it on a little C engine. I would have been down there last Sunday (3/05) as it was a BEAUTIFUL day for rocketry but had other commitments. So I'm thinking Saturday, 23rd April at the usual time of 12-12:30pm, weather permitting. So who's with me if the weather's good?
MARSBOY

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Postby krusty » Tue May 05, 2009 11:07 pm

Sounds good, will try and make it.

Post photos of your scratchie!

Krusty

marsboy
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby marsboy » Fri May 22, 2009 12:06 am

Just to let everyone know, I'll be down at the Wetlands this coming Saturday (23rd) from 12-12:30pm to test some of my new creations (and a few old faves). The weather forecast looks top-notch with sunny skies and low wind. Come along if you want to fly or just want to see some rocket action for a couple of hours. Thanks.
MARSBOY

marsboy
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Wetlands launch

Postby marsboy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 pm

Krusty and and I'll be at the Wetlands tomorrow from 10:30am. Might be a bit a bit windy so angle those rods!
MARSBOY

Return to “MMRG”