Local School Rocketry Program

Anything educational to do with Rocketry and Space (This is for little and big kids ;))

Moderator: Moderators

Lister
Engineer
Engineer

Local School Rocketry Program

Postby Lister » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:32 am

Have just gotten off the phone with the local primary school and im booked in at the start of term for to stsrt my rocket program at the school.

Originally we were going to do 2 lots of kits.. one lot of firestreak kits for the prep to grade 3 and the Junior kits for grades 4-6.. but to keep costs down and keep it simple for the first program (If successful they would love to make it a regular part of the curriculum) and then they can design and build there own rockets next time once they have this under there belts.

My question is does anyone know where I can buy a dozen firestreak kits and get them here within the next month? Also im trying to keep costs down for the kids so if they cost over $6 a kit I will cover the difference.

joeman
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Re: Local School Rocketry Program

Postby joeman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:29 am

Very cool!
L1 - Callisto (H133) - 11-Jan-2016
L2 - March Fly (1633K940) - 18-Mar-2018 - RSO

vance2loud
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby vance2loud » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:02 am

http://www.erockets.biz
You might need to email them as last time I tried to order firestreaks from them the website wouldn't let me ship more than 2 per order to Australia. I think they are around US$6 plus shipping. Make sure you ask for the bulk pack version or the price goes up to US $8 ea.
If you can't get them in time let me know, I should be able to send you a few over until you can get some as I don't know when the local cubs want to do their build so it should be at least a month plus if not next year before I need them.
TRA #15165 AMRS #50
I do it because i can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't. - Unknown
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
- Thomas Alva Edison

Lister
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Lister » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:30 pm

Awesome, thanks Vance ill get an email off to them.. want anything with the order?

vance2loud
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby vance2loud » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:17 pm

I think I'm right at the moment, need to get a few more from the build pile built before I add to it again.
TRA #15165 AMRS #50
I do it because i can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't. - Unknown
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
- Thomas Alva Edison

kopius
Elle3
Elle3

Postby kopius » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:13 pm

May I ask why you want to use a firestreak being that they are 13mm?

I can get put a really cheap kit together for you if you like, they will be 18mm though.
QRS Secretary

AMRS #3 L3 ACO
Life member of QRS

NAR L2 #98260

MDRA Member #0241

Lister
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Lister » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Because I got 18 of them from vance for $5 each so it cost me $90 for $18.. say another $30-$40 for the rest
I need.. So the kit with a motor works out at $11 each kid and I already have most of them.. the junior kits are $168 for 12 and I need 24.. meaning it will cost $336 just for the kits making the price per student almost double by the time motors are added. I would rather use the junior kits as the kids have to build them from parts instead of snapping together plastic parts but I cant afford to cover it until the kids pay for it as my finances are up the ****.

You able to give me a call to discuss it tomorrow?

Return to “Kids Korner”