Please introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Vonkrumm
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

South Australia Gone Stale

Postby Vonkrumm » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:11 am

Hi Guys,

I am an Aero Grad based in Adelaide (don't hold it against me) and looking to get into model rockets.
Looking forward to Thunda 2019, it sounds like a blast! :P

If there are any other people on this forum who are from South Australia, it would be good to hear from you guys....
to see if anyone knows the climate of SA, and model rocket operations in these neck of the woods.
AFAIK there ain't much happening so I'm just trying to reach out and see if anyone is there.

Kind regards,

Josh

SpaceManMat
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: South Australia Gone Stale

Postby SpaceManMat » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:04 pm

The SA club of the ARA has been closed for some time. They were trying to raise money in December to reopen, but does not appear they got very far. I believe a few guys from SA came over for Thunda last time.

If your real good at organising clubs etc perhaps you could look at starting a AMRS club in SA as we have thriving clubs in a number of states, and they would be able to help out with a lot the arrangements and possibly some club gear too. Alternatively I believe you can sign up to AMRS directly rather then via an AMRS club, which will allow for motors to be shipped to you and insurance I believe. Either way best bet is to talk to Blake or Dave from AMRS as they have many years experience in such things, however they are undoubtedly hugely busy in the lead up to TDU so may want to talk to them there.

AMRS web site https://rocketry.org.au
QRS: 124
AMRS: 32 L2 RSO
Highest Altitude: 13,647 feet
Fastest Flight: Mach 1.55
Largest Motor: CTI 1115J530 IM
Current Project: X Wing

High Impulse
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby High Impulse » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi,

There has been an AMRS club in the pipeline in SA for about 6 months now. It seems to have fizzled out from what I have heard (separate to the ARA).

I can't remember who was heading up the club but I believe it was a Uni of ADL alumni.

Have you heard of the AURC Josh? Send us through an email to one of the Teams Coordinators (http://aurc.ayaa.com.au/) and I can follow up with the person who does know the SA club status (I don't check the rocketry forum much anymore). Otherwise as Matt said, talk with Blake at TDU.
Cheers,

Adam
L1: Callisto - H410VM

kopius
Elle3
Elle3

Postby kopius » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:59 pm

SA Rocketry is just about to kick off again.

There has been a lot of discussion and just about to go through final approvals for a new site to 8’500’

Watch this space!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QRS Secretary

AMRS #3 L3 ACO
Life member of QRS

NAR L2 #98260

MDRA Member #0241

SpaceManMat
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby SpaceManMat » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:29 am

That’s fantastic news, look forward to seeing progress. May even join them next time I’m over there.
QRS: 124
AMRS: 32 L2 RSO
Highest Altitude: 13,647 feet
Fastest Flight: Mach 1.55
Largest Motor: CTI 1115J530 IM
Current Project: X Wing

Return to “Self Introductions”