Please introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Cloudbreaker
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

I'm hooked

Postby Cloudbreaker » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:23 pm

Hey everyone

I started launching rockets around a month ago... started with Estes RTF Eliminator XL and E2X Savage stage 2, and today I successfully launched the Estes Comanche 3 which I put together on the weekend.

Anyway, I'm now looking to step things up and I'm about to place a order for the Aerotech Initiator starter set. I can get one from a Sydney dealer for around $300 that also includes 2 motors.

The hardest thing I find about flying rockets is finding a store on line that has decent stock... I'm from the Cairns area so buying rockets from the Web is pretty much my only option.

Just wondering if anyone can direct me to some decent online stores within Australia?

Thanks
I excel at equations...I can build structures that have no relationship with reality.

kopius
Elle3
Elle3

Re: I'm hooked

Postby kopius » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:49 pm

welcome to the forum!

There is only one place to go and you are already on our forum... www.ausrocketry.com.au
QRS Secretary

AMRS #3 L3 ACO
Life member of QRS

NAR L2 #98260

MDRA Member #0241

Cloudbreaker
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby Cloudbreaker » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:05 pm

kopius wrote:welcome to the forum!

There is only one place to go and you are already on our forum... http://www.ausrocketry.com.au

Thanks for the welcome, Kopius.

I've looked real hard at trying to put together some kind of package from the forum store that would start me out in mid power rocketry, but I'm finding it very difficult to come up with something.

If you could help me put a package together that includes a launch pad, controller and a decent rocket kit with motors... I'll place an order straight away.

I would love to support the forum store... I don't know, maybe I'm going the wrong way about it? Any suggestions?
I excel at equations...I can build structures that have no relationship with reality.

martymonsta
Engineer
Engineer

Postby martymonsta » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:58 am

Hi mate and welcome.
Give Blake (kopius) a call on the number on the ausrocketry show website and he will be able to help you out. He sells a great range of mid powered rockets made by LOC that are inexpensive, easy to build and tough. You will be hard pressed to find another rocketry retailer that can provide the quality of advice and service in the southern hemisphere.
Many years ago the great British explorer George Mallory, who was to die on Mount Everest, was asked why did he want to climb it. He said, "Because it is there."
Well, space is there, and we're going to climb it

MARS #21
AMRS #41 L2/LCO/RSO/CO

kopius
Elle3
Elle3

Postby kopius » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:01 am

Send us a quick email to info@ausrocketry.com.au with some contact details and I will send you some info.

FYI, the forum belongs to Australian Rocketry Pty Ltd who funds the hosting and maintenance etc. so it isn't really a forum store, rather the forum is a additional valuable tool supplied for free to help rocketeers in Australia communicate
QRS Secretary

AMRS #3 L3 ACO
Life member of QRS

NAR L2 #98260

MDRA Member #0241

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi Cloudbraker and welcome to the best forum about rocketry in OZ and to the fantastic hobby/passion that is rocketry ! :P

You can't go wrong getting all your gear from Blake @ Australian Rocketry......huge range....just watch out as you want it all.... :lol:

I blame Blake for my Avatar....have a look...that's my living room... :roll:

One bit of advice, and I think it is good bit......don't rush it.....enjoy the ride and keep launching low power as you get into medium power...that way you learn the ropes and you will make many less mistakes as you advance. :wink:

And most of all, have fun safely. :D

We have some members from your area that belong to QRS...I'm sure they will chime in.
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

CATO
Mr Smiley
Mr Smiley

Postby CATO » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi Cloudbreaker and welcome to the forum...
"In thrust we trust"

AMRS 21 L3

Impulse:
2018: 7,455 Ns (46% M)
Ns 17: 5,973; 16: 34,558; 15: 35,955; 14: 6,016; 13: 10,208
PB - Gorilla N2717WC, H: 10,260', S: 1.14M

Cloudbreaker
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby Cloudbreaker » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:37 pm

october sky wrote:Hi Cloudbraker and welcome to the best forum about rocketry in OZ and to the fantastic hobby/passion that is rocketry ! :P

You can't go wrong getting all your gear from Blake @ Australian Rocketry......huge range....just watch out as you want it all.... :lol:

I blame Blake for my Avatar....have a look...that's my living room... :roll:

One bit of advice, and I think it is good bit......don't rush it.....enjoy the ride and keep launching low power as you get into medium power...that way you learn the ropes and you will make many less mistakes as you advance. :wink:

And most of all, have fun safely. :D

We have some members from your area that belong to QRS...I'm sure they will chime in.

Hey OS... thanks for the big smile you put on my face, they're some serious rockets you got there.

yeah, I know I should slow down a bit, but I just can't help my self. I've gone through around 50 motors in the past month and I still can't get enough of it... I just want to go bigger and louder.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome.

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:49 pm

I totally understand you cloudbraker.......if you have done 50 or so low power launches...well, you are ready for Medium Power..... :wink: :D
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Lamp
Aged like a good scotch
Aged like a good scotch

Postby Lamp » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:54 pm

G'day Cloudbreaker and welcome to the forum.
‘It takes sixty-five thousand errors before you are qualified to make a rocket.’ — Werhner von Braun
TRA 12286 L3
TAP member

matthew
Cairns...no where near that
Cairns...no where near that

Postby matthew » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:07 pm

october sky wrote:We have some members from your area that belong to QRS...I'm sure they will chime in.

Already did via PM. :)
Matthew Small
AMRS #33 L3
TRA #11466 L3
QRS #133

http://australianrocketry.org

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Thanks Matthew ! 8)