Almost all motors on backorder

This is for all Australian Rocketry orders to RCS/Aerotech, PML, LOC/Precision, Always Ready Rocketry, G-Wiz Partners, Cesaroni pro-X, Animal Motor Works, Altus Metrum

Moderator: Moderators

drew
Southern fried goodness
Southern fried goodness

Re: Almost all motors on backorder

Postby drew » Fri May 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Yep, we're on the same website. Yep, there's 300 items in the 18 stock lines that you mentioned. Here's one for the Records Commitee - over 1100 stock lines that are out of stock!

I think you're being incredibly unrealistic if you believe that a small family run business would outlay 10s of thousands of dollars for stock that could take them months if not YEARS to move. You might be an Ace Rimmer but if you're unable to understand that I doubt you're an Ace Businessman! If you expect every 54mm or larger motor across dozens and dozens of hardware form factors to be stocked in multiple units by a small family run entity I guess all I can say is...

Andrew Hamilton
AMRS 28 L3
AMRS Records Committee Chairman
Max Alt AGL - 26,850ft - L935 - THUNDA 2019
Max V - 3,004 ft/s, ~Mach 2.67 - L935 - THUNDA 2019

drew
Southern fried goodness
Southern fried goodness

Postby drew » Fri May 17, 2019 2:11 pm

str8up wrote:I see an enormous business opportunity here for you "Ace". Start your own company and start importing rocket motors.
Can't be that hard can it?

+1. This is what I can't really understand. AusRocketry effectively has a monopoly on hobbyist AP importation in this country, as well as in NZ. We've only got ONE avenue to legally get our AP itch scratched here at the moment. Dawn Trading liquidated their stock to AusRocketry, they'd rather sell Chinese made doll houses. Here in Perth the main hobby store ceased operation (Stanbridges) AGES ago. And yet here we are again on the forum that's freely hosted by the same business for the benefit of the entire community and people routinely want to p*ss in AusRocketry's cornflakes.

I'm always adamant that there are three people in this country that I can't easily do without from a being able to fly perspective. Those people are Blake, Dave, and Mel. Without Blake we wouldn't have motors. Without Dave we wouldn't have the club that we do here in WA. Without Mel we wouldn't have the launch sites that we leverage over here in WA. There's a reason why I'm so quick to defend all of them, BLATANT SELF INTEREST!

And this is why I'm so confused when people want to spit the dummy over what in the grand scheme of things are petty and inconsequential (except for in their mind). I still chuckle about when High Flyer had his whinge over the "fact" that a sale in AusRocketry wasn't communicated well enough in advance from his perspective.

I guess some people are just glass half empty folk.
Andrew Hamilton
AMRS 28 L3

Wozos
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Postby Wozos » Sat May 18, 2019 9:31 am

I won't expect a small "hobby shop' to carry everything. But my original questions weren't about carrying everything. One was about if there were motors remaining after Thunda would the stock levels in the store get updated to reflect what's available. I also asked about altimeters and trackers.

The nature of the store (guessing any item ever put in stock even if there's no intention of ever carrying it again unless someone special orders it) lends itself to looking sparse and yes I was thinking 54mm for the motors. Some other hobby stores follow that approach and it makes them look sparse (if they state the stock levels) or massive (if they don't).

drew
Southern fried goodness
Southern fried goodness

Postby drew » Sun May 19, 2019 10:10 am

Wozos wrote:I won't expect a small "hobby shop' to carry everything. But my original questions weren't about carrying everything. One was about if there were motors remaining after Thunda would the stock levels in the store get updated to reflect what's available. I also asked about altimeters and trackers.

The nature of the store (guessing any item ever put in stock even if there's no intention of ever carrying it again unless someone special orders it) lends itself to looking sparse and yes I was thinking 54mm for the motors. Some other hobby stores follow that approach and it makes them look sparse (if they state the stock levels) or massive (if they don't).

And that's a fair query Wozos. And I do expect in time you will have your answer. FYI you could always try and call or email Blake if you'd like to, he's a busy man but does take time to speak to us when he can. He is one of us, a true rocketry enthusiast. And if you want to know why he's so busy have a look at his LinkedIn profile. Lately the guy has been spending more time outside of Queensland than at home.

Sadly your polite query about the status of the store got piggybacked upon by your fellow club member Mark as well as an Ace Rimmer who seem to be more interested in, well, @ss play I guess? God only knows. Mark comes in with his cryptic "Speaking for one who knows." comment and has gone silent since. I don't believe these posts are being made in good faith or humor. I believe they're mean spirited and spun to try and make AusRocketry look bad. I also believe Mark's blaming Blake for CTI not filling his order. Why he'd go down this path makes NO sense to me as I'm quite sure that's what would have occurred. Sadly since I called him on this he's gone to ground. Unsurprising really.

All that said I don't expect the store to ever be "fully stocked" of 54mm size or larger reloads. As said before given these reloads start in the low 3 figures per unit and take months if not years to move it doesn't make any financial sense. I'd much prefer to place a motor order once a year and have the ability to do so into the future when compared to having AusRocketry go under because of too much money tied up in inventory that goes unsold.
Andrew Hamilton
AMRS 28 L3

Ace Rimmer
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue May 21, 2019 6:42 pm

Your slipping Drew, if you'd have looked a bit closer you would've noticed the numbers I quoted were wrong. I think 1100 may be the total amount of stock items. From a consumers point of view there's still too many empty shelves.
Next time I'm whinging about stock levels I promise I wont mention rocking-horses - will you get upset if I say hens teeth instead?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Oldboy
Rocket Flyer
Rocket Flyer

Postby Oldboy » Tue May 21, 2019 10:47 pm

"Your slipping Drew" no ,
"You're slipping Rimmer"
Now the way I would (if I was a vendor)is to look at previous stock usage , example 3 N5800's were purchased last year I will restock used items from inventory.
Not a great example but if the Australian rocketry community isn't flying much above 54mm I would think to keep minimum stock of items in this range (higher outlay less turnover) unless specifically ordered because if you are flying these you would have a plan for the season (unless most flights are on a whim, then rocketry is an unusual hobby to participate in ?)
Pre-ordering amongst fellow club members also nails that nasty shipping charge for DG and creates enthusiasm amongst others when learning of upcoming flights and certification attempts.
Do not worry about who is going to smoke a piece of Herring for you , worry more if you can smoke a rail near you thanks to all the effort put in by AMRS and it's supporting vendor.
(Now I wait)
WARS 005 AMRS 98
"I GOT IT"

kopius
Elle3
Elle3

Postby kopius » Wed May 22, 2019 7:01 am

Wozos wrote:So, now that Thunda has occurred are the stock levels for any remaining motors going to be updated in the Ausrocketry store? It still seems pretty sparse in there. Did the container also have other stuff in it, like altimeters, trackers, etc?

Hi Wozos,

There are a significant amount of motors that came in the last shipment that have not yet been listed online. Since this shipment, there have been some logistical dynamics change which has unfortunately delayed the processing of the live inventory. We are expecting to have this updated very soon, however in the interim, please email any wish lists to info@ausrocketry.com.au and we can advise if something isn't available a substitute in a similar size.

There were some motors and hardware that were either unable to be manufactured in time, or simply were unable to be shipped (primarily AT motors >5lbs NEQ). Inert products that were not filled are expected to be in a future shipment shortly, however missing propellant will need to wait until the next motor order.

As for other products, we will be completing a stocktake in the coming weeks as there are a number of other products that have also arrived or due to arrive shortly. This includes altimeters, recovery items, motor hardware etc.

Thank you for your patience whilst we update the various systems.
QRS Secretary

AMRS #3 L3 ACO
Life member of QRS

NAR L2 #98260

MDRA Member #0241

drew
Southern fried goodness
Southern fried goodness

Postby drew » Thu May 23, 2019 5:49 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Your slipping Drew, if you'd have looked a bit closer you would've noticed the numbers I quoted were wrong. I think 1100 may be the total amount of stock items. From a consumers point of view there's still too many empty shelves.
Next time I'm whinging about stock levels I promise I wont mention rocking-horses - will you get upset if I say hens teeth instead?

Long hair don't care buddy.
Andrew Hamilton
AMRS 28 L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Sun May 26, 2019 4:31 pm

I have been reading this thread with some interest as it reminds me of the early days with some people. :roll:

I have seen it close up, first hand what Blake had to endure and put up with so much SH.. right from the start. Just to get all licences and getting the goods here was a nightmare. So many wanted him to fail....BUT HE DIDN'T. :D

Blake has done more for rocketry than any one of us and even after many attacks from different sides he remains a gentleman. 8)

If it wouldn't be for him I wouldn't have 273 logged launches in my log book or been able to launch motors from A to O.

Drew, well said mate all the way through. You are spot on in what you have said. :)
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Lamp
Aged like a good scotch
Aged like a good scotch

Postby Lamp » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:45 am

drew wrote:In my specific case I often order motors I want YEARS in advance. The L935 and M2245 I flew at THUNDA were purchased in June of 2015.

TLDR; if you want something specific order it well in advance when AusRocketry announces a new motor order!

I do this too Drew, I still have motors that are 5 years old, they are fine if you don't open them up before you want to use them. I think this is a case of people not having a bit of foresight to pre-order motors far enough in advance. Sometimes I may want a motor that is out of stock on Aus Rocketry, but I can generally substitute a suitable alternative from what I have in storage, If not I consider it my fault for not putting into the motor order at the appropriate time. :wink:
‘It takes sixty-five thousand errors before you are qualified to make a rocket.’ — Werhner von Braun
TRA 12286 L3
TAP member

kopius
Elle3
Elle3

Postby kopius » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:37 pm

Thanks for the support guys. It would be amazing to stick all motors all the time, but that just isnt reality. I would also be happy for someone to pay for one of every motor to have in their collection too ;-)

Pre-orders are ALWAYS the best option to get a desired motor, otherwise it is a waiting game...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
QRS Secretary

AMRS #3 L3 ACO
Life member of QRS

NAR L2 #98260

MDRA Member #0241

L.C.
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Postby L.C. » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:31 am

kopius wrote:...delayed the processing of the live inventory. We are expecting to have this updated very soon, however in the interim, please email any wish lists to info@ausrocketry.com.au and we can advise if something isn't available a substitute in a similar size.
...............................Thank you for your patience whilst we update the various systems.

Hi, during July & August I sent several emails enquiring about stock levels of some CTI reloads. No reply yet so I have to admit my patience is wearing a bit thin. Any idea when you will be announcing a motor order?

L.C.
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Postby L.C. » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Two months ago I wrote
L.C. wrote:
Hi, during July & August I sent several emails enquiring about stock levels of some CTI reloads. No reply yet so I have to admit my patience is wearing a bit thin. Any idea when you will be announcing a motor order?

:( :?

Return to “Australian Rocketry”