Australian International Space school

We are looking for other exisiting Rocketry Clubs in Australia??

Moderator: Moderators

jameswillcox
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Australian International Space school

Postby jameswillcox » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:21 am

G'day there fellas

If you are interested, in January of next year there will be the Australian International Space school for students in year 10 and 11. So if you know anyone or any of your childeren that might be interested this is the place to go! We are expecting over 100 students to atend with lectures from people top in their scientific feild with many activities. See website

http://www.yassa.com.au/AISS.html

At the space school students are encouraged to learn about space science and engeneering. We have nights at the sydeny observetory, astronauts that visit, engeneering activities and have lots of fun.

Also was just wondering does anyone know where i can bulk buy Estes rocket motors for the event because I will be leading the model rocket building competition at the space school so i will need over about 50 to 70 motors.

jameswillcox
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby jameswillcox » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:26 am

ALSO!! If you attend the space school there is a chance to win a trip the United States for the Youth Astronauts program which i attended last year where you will be able to enguage in a science and engeneering challenge at mission controll texas and then see the launch pad in florida

There are many many oportunities at the space school to network and to find a place in the space and science comunity

Kryten
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Australian International Space school

Postby Kryten » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:20 pm

jameswillcox wrote:does anyone know where i can bulk buy Estes rocket motors for the event because I will be leading the model rocket building competition at the space school so i will need over about 50 to 70 motors.

You used to be able to a bulk pack of 24 motors (all A8, B6 or C6)
There is also a "Blast-Off Flight pack" of 24 (6xA8, 6xB6, 6xC6-3, 6xC6-5)
If these are still available, they would be sourced by hobby shops from Dawn Trading
"Pub, ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks" (“Timeslides”)

ROCKet STAR
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Australian International Space school

Postby ROCKet STAR » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Kryten wrote:
jameswillcox wrote:does anyone know where i can bulk buy Estes rocket motors for the event because I will be leading the model rocket building competition at the space school so i will need over about 50 to 70 motors.

You used to be able to a bulk pack of 24 motors (all A8, B6 or C6)
There is also a "Blast-Off Flight pack" of 24 (6xA8, 6xB6, 6xC6-3, 6xC6-5)
If these are still available, they would be sourced by hobby shops from Dawn Trading

I know that Stanbridges hobbies in WA sell these packs as I bought one from them. They send them Australia Post too.
Chris Barnes

AMRS# 29 - L3

UKRA - L3

jameswillcox
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby jameswillcox » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:24 am

cheers fellas, that looks like a much better way of buying the engines

Kryten
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby Kryten » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:29 am

In NSW you can try:
Berg's Hobbies
Hobbyco
Frontline
"Pub, ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks" (“Timeslides”)

kopius
Elle3
Elle3

Postby kopius » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi James,

Australian Rocketry now stocks Estes products and organise a fantastic deal for your bulk packs. Please don't hesitate to shoot an email to info@ausrocketry.com.au to discuss further options for your Estes items.
QRS Secretary

AMRS #3 L3 ACO
Life member of QRS

NAR L2 #98260

MDRA Member #0241

Return to “Other Australian Clubs?”