Raven 3 connecter

Discussions about anything electronics, from altimeters to cameras.

Moderator: Moderators

matthew
Cairns...no where near that
Cairns...no where near that

Re: Raven 3 connecter

Postby matthew » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:59 pm

martymonsta wrote:The Raven 3 has a 2.54mm (100thou) pitch.

Cheers. I could have sworn it was smaller. :oops:

Edit: Actually, that would make it pretty easy to use some veroboard or prototype board to make a Perch-like adapter without the magnetic switch or 1S Lipo connector. Hmm. :idea:
Matthew Small
AMRS #33 L3
TRA #11466 L3
QRS #133

http://australianrocketry.org

LulaNord
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Postby LulaNord » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:15 am

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge if you use a pair on the RJ for each eMatch we are exceeding the current rating at first glance. Now connector ratings are funny things. That 0.5A would be the rating to maintain all other specs for the connector. So the current can be used for a short time at higher currents. Need to consider how much higher you can go for a short duration. I would guess something up to maybe ten times that for less than a second each time, especially given that only two pins would be active at any one time.

SpaceManMat
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby SpaceManMat » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:15 am

You might be interested in one of these, personally I would have used the smaller terminals and given an option to plug or solder a battery in. They are not for sale yet, but wouldn't be too hard to design your own.

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread ... ight=Raven
QRS: 124
AMRS: 32 L2 RSO
Highest Altitude: 13,647 feet
Fastest Flight: Mach 1.55
Largest Motor: CTI 1115J530 IM
Current Project: X Wing

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Postby OverTheTop » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:45 am

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge if you use a pair on the RJ for each eMatch we are exceeding the current rating at first glance...

Hi LulaNord. Interesting choice of words in your post today. It sounded like something I would write! Then I went back and checked. It is almost verbatim my post from 16OCT2016, but with the bits in brackets removed.

No plagiarism please.
TRA #13430
L3
"Everybody's simulation model is guilty until proven innocent" (Thomas H. Lawrence 1994)

Return to “Electronics”