Wireless remote switches

Discussions about anything electronics, from altimeters to cameras.

Moderator: Moderators

Voyager
Rocket Flyer
Rocket Flyer

Wireless remote switches

Postby Voyager » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:00 pm

Looks like the TRA board have decided to relax the earlier requirement for separate disconnects or switches for electronics connected to energetics.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Subject: Rule revision regarding wireless remote switches October 2020

In February 2020, the Tripoli BoD adopted a rule requiring a physical disconnection from power for any electronics controlling energetics. At the time they felt this was required by NFPA 1127. After further discussion during its September meeting, the board of directors has concluded that additional physical disconnects are not required and the February 2020 rule has been canceled.

The rule requiring that energetics and firing circuits be inhibited until the rocket is in firing position remains in place.
-————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
TRA 14574 L2

Legendontour
Rocket Flyer
Rocket Flyer

Re: Wireless remote switches

Postby Legendontour » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Yeah, I got stressed about it last year when they brought it in and I had a whole heap of rockets with Eggfinder wireless altimeters and no separate switch. But a couple of Senior guys pointed out to me that the AMRS rules never changed.
The Tripoli board had done wholesale changes in September and it looks like this was repealed pretty quick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Electronics”