38mm gear

Suburban Rocketry has closed

Moderator: Moderators

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

38mm gear

Postby Bones » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:10 pm

Over the last two consecutive days I have been asked about 38mm engine mount kits.

Secretly I have had a few in stock not showing on the website, the investment in stocking these is rather large so I was gradually building up my stock levels before adding them to the site.

I am thinking I really need to jump on board with this stuff, at least start with a reasonable range of engine mount kits anyway because there does seem to be some interest here.

I have chosen the Sunward brand, pricing is somewhat reasonable but more importantly I can consolidate this product with another one of my suppliers which helps with my out-of-control freight bills.

On Thursday or Friday night (9th or 10th), I will place a reasonable stock order for some 38mm gear and officially start carrying this range. Delivery would be expected roughly 1 month after the order has been placed.

I am asking out for some advice on what the 38mm guys are interested in, I am also keen to take orders in advance because it helps eliminate me getting the range wrong or running out of something quickly. I also suspect that I won't be placing regular orders for this product so delivery times on future items that are out of stock may take some time to get replenished.

The Sunward range is here http://www.sunward1.com/parts.htm. Basically I should be able to get any of the 38mm parts (or anything else listed at the site) so let me know ASAP if you are interested.

Cheers!
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Avachovy
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Avachovy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:12 pm

excellent! i have been wanting some 38mm motor mounts for a while since ive got some 38mm gear. Im thinking a booster for a 2 stager i have been wanting to do for a while, so prolly a kit for BT80 tubing
Will fly beer for rockets

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:38 pm

I actually already have 1 (only) of these in stock as we speak. However, I have another interested party and I am waiting to hear back. If it becomes available I will let you know and I might be able to help you sooner rather than later.
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

whipfest
Engineer
Engineer

Postby whipfest » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:17 pm

Bones, you can put me down also for a BT80 38mm kit. 8)
No rush for it. I'll speak to you off-line, about this, and getting some other stuff.

The Wombat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby The Wombat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:20 pm

I have ordered my 4 already. This is good stuff.

Now, if only Blake was around long enough to get some HAMR sets....

Wingnut
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Wingnut » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:21 am

Hi Bones, the other month I was after the longer 29mm mount kit for 3.0" airframes (longer MMT gives a few more motor options), but it's not the kind of thing I'd need regularly. Tough call.

E.R.S.L. -- I recently ordered a couple of 38mm HAMR's direct from PML. Postage was only USD$5.50. I would have preferred to order through AusRocketry, but going direct is almost as good.

Mike

Guppzor
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby Guppzor » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:44 am

The other option would be Aero Pack retainers, which are good as well.

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:12 pm

I have received some 38mm engine mount kits and the site now reflects this.

To test the water I have limited stocks of 38mm engine mount kits to suit;

3.90in Body tubes
3.00in Body Tubes
BT80 Body Tubes
BT70 Body tubes

I also have the Sunward 29mm & 38mm heavy 11" long engine mount tubes (just the tubes) on order. The tubes will be about 4-6 weeks away though and are not listed on the site yet.

Subject to demand, I will look at permanently stocking these and other higher power products.

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Return to “Suburban Rocketry”