New Semroc Kits.

Suburban Rocketry has closed

Moderator: Moderators

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

New Semroc Kits.

Postby Bones » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:12 pm

I need to place a Semroc stock order and they have some new kits that I don't currently stock.

Let me know if you would like any of these new kits (or anything else Semroc related). I intend on placing my stock order on Thursday night the 9/10/2009 so would like to finalise any interest by the 8/10/2208.

As an added incentive I will throw in 2 free 14" nylon parachutes for all Semroc pre-orders that total over $50.00 (up until the 8/10/2008).

Orbital transport $41.70

Nighthawk $25.00

Geehod $33.40

V2 $26.70

The finer details of each can be found at www.semroc.com

Let me know!
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Avachovy
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Avachovy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:47 pm

V2! and i have to grab some other stuff to. Ill put myself an order together and get back to you
Will fly beer for rockets

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Re: New Semroc Kits.

Postby krusty » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:36 pm

Bones wrote:As an added incentive I will throw in 2 free 14" nylon parachutes for all Semroc pre-orders that total over $50.00 (up until the 8/10/2008).

Hi Darren,
Is that anything from Semroc or just the new kits??

Krusty

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:43 pm

I don't like rules. Let's make it anything from Semroc.
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Postby krusty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:16 pm

Bones wrote:I don't like rules. Let's make it anything from Semroc.

Done! V-2 & a SPEV :)

Krusty

andrew scott
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby andrew scott » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:47 pm

Hi bones

yer I go for a Orbital transport and a V2 :D :D

andrew :)

NAR 51647 L1

MMRG 00001 L1

TRA 10404 L1

water rocketry man
Engineer
Engineer

Postby water rocketry man » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:37 pm

andrew scott wrote:Hi bones

yer I go for a Orbital transport and a V2 :D :D

andrew :)

same here , i hope its not too hard to get the glider to fly, all gliders have a tendancy to roll so hopefully those large wings will help

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:19 am

Can those interested in the new Semroc products please place an order online.

Just select a tube coupler or something small to create the order template and add in the checkout options what new kits you would like and I will get everything sorted. (My software won't actually let me create an order from scratch for somebody else....)

I am still on track to place an order Thursday night so would like to get the numbers sorted before then.

Thanks!

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:20 am

Due to the massive slide of the Aussie dollar over the last day or so I am going to wait an additional week before placing this order. I am thinking that things can't possibly get any worse (famous last words)

Sorry for the delay but between the current dismal Aussie dollar and then what Paypal actually take as a currency variance, I will be hurting if I was to place the order tonight as planned.

www.suburbanrocketry.com

cha05cat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby cha05cat » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:33 pm

Yeah computer pricing is starting to rise due to the dollar getting worse! So I guess they only see a grim future too!?!

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:30 am

Bones, at the moment you'll be waiting for a long time for the dollar to pick up. Now at around .66 cents. It doesn't look like there will be a quick turnaround for the better. :(

From the business point of view, what else can you do but increase the price, there are not many other options, are there ? People who want these kits surely will understand why the price has gone up. Not nice but just the fact.
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:55 am

I have the advantage of still carrying a lot of stock that I purchased when the dollar was healthier. I always missed out when the dollar was at it's best, but on average my figures are based on around the .78 cent mark after Paypal and credit cards took their currency conversion fees.

At the moment I do not plan on increasing costs. I will carry the low current conversion rate for as long as my existing stock allows. An increase will be inevitable if the buck stays down for an extended time though....

The immediate big impact will be freight, it's a double wammy. :(

www.suburbanrocketry.com

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Postby krusty » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:01 pm

Bones wrote:The immediate big impact will be freight, it's a double wammy. :(

Bulk freight has to be better than all of us ordering individually, so if prices do increase we're still ahead & still supporting a local company too :)

Krusty

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:54 pm

Quick update...

I have received confirmation that our Semroc kits have been shipped.

I expect them to be at the post office once I return from holidays and will get onto processing the back-orders during that week.

Cheers,
Darren

www.suburbanrocketry.com

wimma
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby wimma » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:22 pm

BAHAHAHA Geehod! That's hilarious!
"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants." - Newton

YouWiki

Return to “Suburban Rocketry”