Re stocking parts

Suburban Rocketry has closed

Moderator: Moderators

water rocketry man
Engineer
Engineer

Re stocking parts

Postby water rocketry man » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:23 am

who here want a items ands it out of stock , well please list you part item request on this topic .
Like i need two Bt60 29mm motor mount kit ,Two BT60 Nose Cone NC60AL plastic nose cones and the BT80 3 24 mm cluster motor mount kit

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:54 am

I currently have a stack of stuff on order that is way overdue, is was shipped from the states early December. I know for a fact the BT60/29mm engine mounts were on this order, and from memory, I also think the BT80/3x24mm were also ordered (along with a lot of other items that I currently show nil & low stock on).

Now the BIG problem.....

This order has gone missing in transit, I was expecting it here well before the 19th of Dec. I don't know what to do at this stage, I will be out of pocket almost $1500 if it doesn't show. On this order was launch controllers, engine mounts, engine tubes, engine adapters, a new range of kits and lots of other bits & pieces.

At this moment I am not going to re-order, I am going to let it wait until around the second week in the New Year before I make any decisions. I have paid for this order in advance and to be honest I don't have the coin to outlay a second time.

Not much help I know, but there is nothing I can do at this stage but wait it out and see what happens. The missing order could show up today, tomorrow or never

The NC60AL's are not on order and there is no plan to re-stock these at the moment. The PC60's (http://www.suburbanrocketry.com/BT60-No ... -PC60.html) are the closest alternative at the moment and I have heaps of these available.

All I suggest you do is if there is something you want that I don't show, select the option "Add to Cart". A screen will then come up allowing you to enter your email address. When the item becomes available you will then be automatically sent an email. As this thread has been started I will keep you in the loop anyway in regards to my missing boxes....
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:50 pm

Man, sorry to hear that Bones !!! :(

Surely you have a tracking number so you could try to trace it ??

Also, your supplier should be able to help you surely ?
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:45 pm

At this stage I have no tracking numbers & haven't pushed my supplier to see if this is possible (last communication was before Christmas so not much can happen now until the New Year anyway). I have been back to him to advise the delivery is missing and he shares my concern because it should be here by now.

I don't think it will be traceable but at this point in time I really don't know for sure. Will know more after the next communication with them.

My stress level at the moment is only around a 4, mainly because I have deluded myself into believing that it is simply held up due to the silly season. However, I did receive another order from the States from a different supplier which was shipped later than the missing parcel and turned up OK - realistically this is not a good sign.

I am not going to waste my energy worrying about it until we are well and truly into the New Year. If it hasn't showed up by the second week then I will start to get worried....
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

The Wombat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby The Wombat » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:30 pm

Do you know if it has landed here? It may be a customs hold-up.
TRA #11586

Well wadda y'know.... it IS rocket science!

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:45 pm

Sorry Matt,

At this stage I know nothing except it was shipped in early December.

After New Years when my supplier returns I hope to get some info that might assist in tracking. (Hope being the key word)

My orders are sent UPS so I never get any notice from customs once they are in the country, they are simply delivered to my door in due course which most of the time takes less than 2 weeks.

And yes, your engine tubes are amongst this stuff. :cry:

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Sumo310
L3 Perfectionist
L3 Perfectionist

Postby Sumo310 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:22 pm

That sucks!! Hopefully its just the mad rush with Christmas thats held the order up.
L3

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:18 am

Contacted my supplier overnight who dug out his records and then spoke to his post office. The last known whereabouts of my delivery was the Netherlands. The post office advised him that eventually the order should make its way to me, or be returned to them.....

My supplier has very generously offered to re-supply the items on this order and I am waiting to hear back regarding the availability and expected time for the order to be despatched.

Will keep this thread up to date regarding any progress.

The Netherlands! :lol:

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Kryten
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby Kryten » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:35 am

At least it sounds like it hasn't just disappeared.
And your supplier is trying to help out
Maybe someone remembered that Australia was called "New Holland" at one stage :roll:
"Pub, ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks" (“Timeslides”)

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:46 pm

:roll: :lol: As Kryten said, at least it hasn't been totally lost !! There is hope now !

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

The Wombat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby The Wombat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:43 pm

There's a lot of stuff that gets sent to Austria by mistake.

Hey! They didn't send it to NEW HOLLAND, did they?
TRA #11586

Well wadda y'know.... it IS rocket science!

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:41 pm

Well good news..... My replacement stock-order arrived today which will help top up some of the items I have been running very low on.

Matt, your tubes were amongst the delivery so I will update your order tonight and send a confirmation.

There were also a few things squashed in transit. I am still deciding if I will add these to the store at bargain prices or just throw the bits and pieces in a box for my own scratch builds (most of my scratchies are made from damaged stock!).

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Sumo310
L3 Perfectionist
L3 Perfectionist

Postby Sumo310 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:44 pm

Good to hear Bones!
L3

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:12 pm

The original order is still out there... Somewhere.

My supplier was good enough to re-supply the whole order less a few items which are no longer available. I suspect based on our emails that the boxes are working their way back through the system to him.

Not sure what happens if they end up rocking up on my doorstep!

But for now... All is sweet! :)

www.suburbanrocketry.com

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:51 pm

Nice to hear Bones ! :)

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Return to “Suburban Rocketry”