New Stuff - Not a teaser

Suburban Rocketry has closed

Moderator: Moderators

The Wombat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby The Wombat » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:11 pm

Girlfriends come and go, but a really good rocket will stay with you all your life!
TRA #11586

Well wadda y'know.... it IS rocket science!

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Postby krusty » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:39 pm

ROCKet STAR wrote:With thoes recommendations how can i not get one! LOL.... just don't tell my girlfriend that i'm buying another rocket or i'll never hear the end of it ;)

LOL

Hey, check out the reviews of the Weasel here:
http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/al ... asel.shtml

Looks like a great bird!

Krusty

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:35 pm

ROCKet STAR wrote:just don't tell my girlfriend that i'm buying another rocket or i'll never hear the end of it ;)

Try explaining when you order a couple of hundred rockets. :lol:
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Lamp
Aged like a good scotch
Aged like a good scotch

Postby Lamp » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:26 am

Sumo310 wrote:You won't be disappointed with the Weasel. My first altimiter flight was with it, and it also survived landing in a river.

I have 2, 1 was destroyed when a G80 CATO'd, the other is waiting in my build queue.

I did not even think of using the payload bay, but I think I'll have to get myself an altimeter...maybe the missile works RRC2
I attached the fins to my weasel and completed the fillets on the weekend, I only have the finishing and painting to go. :D

Do you use any motor retention beyond masking tape for a friction fit Sumo?
Does anyone know if there is anything that will fit on the weasel as a post build retainer? Will the retainer clips Bones has in fit (I suspect they are too big)?

Sumo310
L3 Perfectionist
L3 Perfectionist

Postby Sumo310 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 am

I used friction fit, but there is no reason why you couldn't get a slimline retainer from Giant Leap Rocketry (GLR) or similar. From memory there should be enough motor tube to epoxy the retainer to. I'll be going this way with my new weasel. Have a leak at the GLR website for retention, they have some niteresting products which might give you a few ideas.
L3

Lamp
Aged like a good scotch
Aged like a good scotch

Postby Lamp » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:12 pm

Thanks Sumo, I'm not sure I have the room for a slimline after I put a good fillet on the centering ring/motor mount tube join. I had ordered (and am waiting for) a couple of the the GL retaining clips on the basis that they are cheap and I might be able to retro fit them.

I also have an unbuilt "Legacy" which is very similar to the Weasel that will be built soon. I will go with a slimline retainer for this one as soon as I decide if I will build it as standard or modify it into an MPR version of FUBAR.

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:11 pm

For what it is worth I can order the Aeropack retainers for you. I get no support on these items and pay the same as you do, but if you can wait till my next stock order I can get you a free ride and pass them on at cost.

http://www.apogeerockets.com/retainers.asp

In time my intention is to offer these amongst my standard stock range but this will be some time away.
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Re: New Stuff - Not a teaser

Postby Bones » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:20 pm

I have a lot of new products at the moment that are not showing on the website. Some items in particular are the Aerotech Mantis Pads, the Handbook Of Model Rocketry (7th edition), new Semroc kits, new Fliskits kits (including the full range of MicroMaxx kits), new Custom kits, the new improved AltimeterOnes (without the altitude bug), 15 minute Epoxy, ball bearing shock cord swivels, balsa wood & birchwood fin material.... I also have a small amount of 75mm Aeropack gear on the way which will be here in a few days. Put simply I need to find about 2-3 days to do nothing but data entry and website maintenance - unfortunately at the moment I don't have two days to do this so until life allows the website will remain in need of some tender loving care.

Ohh yeah... And I have JB Weld coming out my back-door at the moment for anyone wishing to stock up and take some off my hands. Still less than $10 which is about 40% cheaper than the other bloke and we aren't claiming it is on special - this is just the usual standard everyday Suburban Rocketry cost.

So... If anyone if looking for anything in particular that might fall into the above categories give me a yell. Even if the parts aren't showing I can probably help you out. Hoping to get this situation rectified 'soonish'.... It's crazy, I moved out to the country hoping life would slow down and at the moment I think have more balls in the air than ever!

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Scoop1261
L3 Rocket GURU
L3 Rocket GURU

Re:

Postby Scoop1261 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:14 pm

Bones wrote:For what it is worth I can order the Aeropack retainers for you. I get no support on these items and pay the same as you do.........

And Bones....... gets the coveted "Two Thumbs Up" award for going the extra yard and specially ordering in two Aeropack retainers that I needed, just because he wanted my business!

Now here is a guy, who has little to gain from doing that.....except for the great big load of kudos....but was so keen to ensure an Australian Rocket enthusiast was looked after. I can tell you this friends....this man will get repeat business, and I urge anyone looking for a particular item to give him a shot!.....You won't be disappointed!

...............and another thing, you can be damn sure I will be promoting his service at any opportunity to do so!

Way to go Suburban Rocketry! :D :D :D
Why Limit Yourself?

AMRS #4 - L3 |TRA #11080 - L3 |MDRA #263

Impulse: A Whole Lot ..So much I've lost count!

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:47 pm

Thanks for the pat on the back but that comment is way back in the days before I was an official Aeropack distributor. Back in those days I used to "back-door" Aeropack product from Apogee in my regular stock orders and pass the stuff on at cost simply for convenience.

These days (being an official Aeropack distributor) I do manage to skim a few bucks on the Aeropack product which I enthusiastically put towards my Tooheys Old and beef jerky slush fund. I just wanted to clear the air on that one.....

I try and carry a fair range of Aeropack product but have made no attempt to carry several sizes - mainly the tailcone retainers because of the sheer range and cost of this product. However, as always, I am happy to take special orders and requests. It all adds up and when I see repeat demand for a product there is a good chance it will then be added as a standard stock item in the future. Having said this, without visible demand, the opposite happens - potentially high demand items will never be added to my range because I think nobody will ever purchase them. It sounds like a bit of a sales spiel but at the end of the day this is the way things work.

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:23 pm

It has been a rainy few days in Wauchope so I decided to spend the weekend doing some site maintenance and get rid of the back-log of work that has been building up.

As a result I have now added another 60 items to the store which can be found under our NEW STUFF link ( http://www.suburbanrocketry.com/compone ... mitstart=0 ).

Some interesting stuff that has been added.....

* Added a handful of Estes kits to the site, far from the full range - but just the sort of kits thatI would find attractive to build.
* Added some Basswood and Balsa sheet finstock
* Added a new range of Balsa tailcones for low power designs
* Added new Fliskits and Semroc kits
* Added new TLP range of kits. To be honest I think The Launch Pad stuff came in a bit expensive. While I was able purchase at a competitive price the freight component blew right out of the water by the time they landed. Works out on average that each kit (depending on size) attracted $17-$26 just in freight. Anyway I have added them to the site because I consider the range unique and quite cool despite the blow-out on costing.
* Also added a few odds and ends.

I am wanting to clear my final AltimeterOne stock and make way for the AltimeterTwo. I currently have 3 X AltimeterOnes left in stock (these do not show on the site). I will offer these while they last for $45ea to anyone who wants one. Once they are gone I will update this thread.

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:27 pm

Bones wrote:It has been a rainy few days in Wauchope so I decided to spend the weekend doing some site maintenance and get rid of the back-log of work that has been building up.

As a result I have now added another 60 items to the store which can be found under our NEW STUFF link ( http://www.suburbanrocketry.com/compone ... mitstart=0 ).

Some interesting stuff that has been added.....

* Added a handful of Estes kits to the site, far from the full range - but just the sort of kits that I would find attractive to build.
* Added some Basswood and Balsa sheet finstock
* Added a new range of Balsa tailcones for low power designs
* Added new Fliskits and Semroc kits
* Added new TLP range of kits. To be honest I think The Launch Pad stuff came in a bit expensive. While I was able purchase at a competitive price the freight component blew right out of the water by the time they landed. Works out on average that each kit (depending on size) attracted $17-$26 just in freight. Anyway I have added them to the site because I consider the range unique and quite cool despite the blow-out on costing.
* Also added a few odds and ends.

I am wanting to clear my final AltimeterOne stock and make way for the AltimeterTwo. I currently have 3 X AltimeterOnes left in stock (these do not show on the site). I will offer these while they last for $45ea to anyone who wants one. Once they are gone I will update this thread.

www.suburbanrocketry.com

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Postby krusty » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:01 pm

Bones wrote:Anyway I have added them to the site because I consider the range unique and quite coo

I love the Launch Pad kits :) Here's the Hellfire I got from you recently! I can't wait to fly it!!

Krusty

Kryten
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby Kryten » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:12 am

Bones wrote:I am wanting to clear my final AltimeterOne stock and make way for the AltimeterTwo. I currently have 3 X AltimeterOnes left in stock (these do not show on the site). I will offer these while they last for $45ea to anyone who wants one. Once they are gone I will update this thread.

I'll get one.
I've sent you a pm
"Pub, ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks" (“Timeslides”)

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:10 pm

Thanks Kryten.

We are down to 2 AltimeterOnes. I would prefer to offer them here first before I put on them on the website so if anybody else wants one please let me know in the next week or so.

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Return to “Suburban Rocketry”