Some delays can be expected

Suburban Rocketry has closed

Moderator: Moderators

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Some delays can be expected

Postby Bones » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:18 am

I came home from work on Friday afternoon to discover my PC hard disk had CATO’d.

Good news is the site is fine.

Bad news is until I get a new HDD and re-install the operating communication, confirmations, shipping, and replying to emails will experience major delays.

I hope to have everything sorted well before the end of this week and if things go like clock-work perhaps even by Wednesday.

Cheers,
Darren
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:21 am

Quick update (while stuffing my lunch down my throat at work)...

I had a replacement drive delivered (under warranty), which was dead on arrival. :roll:

Have had another replacement delivered and now have a functional computer and I am working frantically late into the nights attempting to recover my lost info. At this stage it is tied up doing scans on the crashed drive preventing Internet access, but I hope to be up and running as per normal by Sunday.

Have received a few PM's (thank-you), which I have been unable to reply to, but will answer these as soon as I have access again returned.

Learn from my silly silly silly mistake, BACK-UP! :oops:
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

cha05cat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby cha05cat » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:15 pm

You should be running a RAID Mirror!!!! Although you should still back-up you can be a little more lazy... :wink:

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:09 am

Everything is now back to normal. All data has been recovered although I lost a few emails along the way. If somebody has sent an email and not received a response, please consider it lost and resend.

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Return to “Suburban Rocketry”