LexxJet

Suburban Rocketry has closed

Moderator: Moderators

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

LexxJet

Postby Bones » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:28 pm

Dynastar have released a very cool looking new Skill level 4 design, the Lexxjet.

Most engines range in altitude of around 1000ft but full details can be found here. http://www.apogeerockets.com/LexxJet.asp

I will be placing an Apogee stock order next week and plan on adding this to my stock range. Having said this, I am keen to take pre-orders to ensure I get my numbers correct.

I expect retail to be about $85.00 which is a little up on the basic US$ to Au$ conversion rate and this is due to the size of the kit and additional airfreight these will incur.

Anyone who would like me to order this kit on their behalf please let me know either in this thread, or via PM.

I expect to place my order on Wednesday night (the 15th of April).
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Wingnut
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Wingnut » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Hey! That certainly is a nice looking rocket/plane, and it's a great size too, being BT-70. If only I hadn't spend all my money on baby stuff!

Mike

Thunder_Cat
Rocket Flyer
Rocket Flyer

Snarky's Friend

Postby Thunder_Cat » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi Bones,
You could put me as a go on just one piece Please.:lol:
Thank You
Another frienD for Snarky. :D
It's a Good Kit as I've read a few Reviews
At $AUD85 I believe it's worth it but I'll have to couple it with an order for the freight cost.

That would Be Great,to include with the Semroc Back Order.
(edited reply post). 8)
Last edited by Thunder_Cat on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Snarky's Friend

Postby Bones » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:54 pm

Thunder_Cat wrote:Hi Bones,
but I'll have to couple it with an order for the freight cost.

That's easy done, I will add it to your back-ordered Semroc stuff so it gets a free ride to your doorstep.

Thanks!
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Postby OverTheTop » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:08 pm

Please put me down for one also. I'll order some other bits at the same time, so let me know when it is available. No rush.

I guess that means my daughter is going to want another rocket also... I think she might have a go at a Stonebreaker.

Stewart

The Wombat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby The Wombat » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:35 pm

I rekon I'll have to get one as well. Do you think I could get away with putting a 29mm mount in it?
TRA #11586

Well wadda y'know.... it IS rocket science!

bpratt
Engineer
Engineer

Postby bpratt » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:07 am

The Wombat wrote:I rekon I'll have to get one as well. Do you think I could get away with putting a 29mm mount in it?

Now that'd be interesting to see.

In fact I'd like to see one scaled up that'd really need to have a G or more powerful motor in it to get it up in the sky. :)

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:28 pm

I see no reason why a 29mm engine mount couldn't be installed with a little nose weight. Looking at the design I don't think it would be wise to fly it on a G80, but something like a F20 or G40 should rock.

www.suburbanrocketry.com

The Wombat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby The Wombat » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:37 pm

I was thinking of a F28 Redline.
TRA #11586

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:03 pm

OK Guys, good interest in this kit and I will likely bring the date I order forward one day and do it tonight. If anyone wants to jump onboard, now is the time to let me know.

Ordering tonight should get the stock here late next week, this being the case I would be ready to ship around Monday the 27/4/2009 so everyone should have their kit by month end.

Can I ask everyone who wants a kit to officially place an order so I can keep track of everything through the site. I have created a temp product which can be used for this purpose. The link can be found here http://www.suburbanrocketry.com/NON-STOCK-ITEM.html

Any problems let me know!

www.suburbanrocketry.com

The Wombat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby The Wombat » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Done mine.
TRA #11586

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:53 pm

Order has been placed and is confirmed as shipped. All going well we will see the Lexxjet's here late next week.

I have ordered extras for the store. If anybody else wants one from this stock let me know as I can still take reserve orders based on what I have coming in.

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:19 pm

LexxJets have arrived!

It will take me about a day to sort the orders and update the website but within the next 48 hours everyone who has placed an order will get a confirmation from the site.

Cheers,
Darren

www.suburbanrocketry.com

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Re: LexxJet

Postby OverTheTop » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:51 pm

Well, it has only taken me almost two years to get around to finishing the Lexxjet. I am trying to set a good example as I teach my daughter to learn to complete jobs she starts...

It has had a bit of a bore-job done on it. 29mm mount machined and fitted.

I threw some extra decals I color laser printed on to tart it up a bit.

Just needs some small paint touch-ups and a coat or two of clearcoat to finish.

So many rockets, so little time... :(
TRA #13430
L3
"Everybody's simulation model is guilty until proven innocent" (Thomas H. Lawrence 1994)

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Re: LexxJet

Postby krusty » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:31 pm

OverTheTop wrote:Well, it has only taken me almost two years to get around to finishing the Lexxjet. I am trying to set a good example as I teach my daughter to learn to complete jobs she starts...

It has had a bit of a bore-job done on it. 29mm mount machined and fitted.

I threw some extra decals I color laser printed on to tart it up a bit.

Just needs some small paint touch-ups and a coat or two of clearcoat to finish.

So many rockets, so little time... :(

That looks great !

Krusty

Return to “Suburban Rocketry”