Heads-up! Suburban Rocketry is closing.

Suburban Rocketry has closed

Moderator: Moderators

whipfest
Engineer
Engineer

Postby whipfest » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Good luck with the move Darren, and all the best for Christmas.

Even though your computer is down, I hope your mobile still works (up there) :wink:
What were you thinking about as you sat atop the Redstone rocket, waiting for liftoff?

"The fact that every part of this ship was built by the low bidder"

Alan Shepard

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Postby krusty » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:47 pm

whipfest wrote:Even though your computer is down, I hope your mobile still works (up there) :wink:

Bones will be learning morse-code soon, so he can get online via the bush telegraph :shock: :shock:

Krusty

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:26 am

Well guys, the site is now "switched off". Actually, it is still on so you can view and websurf the products - but the cart function of the software has been deactivated.

I will switch everything back on after I am settled, have set everything back up, done a stocktake and have an Internet connection again.

Thanks everyone for their kind comments, well wishes and fantastic support in 2009.

While Suburban Rocketry does produce some commercial benefit, more accurately I would describe it as a "labour of love". It has been a pleasure supplying products that I know people purchase to enjoy. It's actually quite an honour to be involved in this way, so again - I would like to thank those who have supported SR and I look forward to more of the same in 2010 and beyond.

This is a very exciting move for myself and family and one that I hope will be everything we imagine.

If this turns out to be my last post for 2009 I hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year. Talk to you all in 2010!

8) 8) 8)
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi guys,

Well we are now living in Wauchope. My stock has been set back up and obviously I now have an Internet connection which strangely enough seems quicker than my city connection... No complaints about that!

I have set my stock back up but as it has been over two years since I did a stock take I think this is the ideal opportunity to re-count my stock and give a thorough check-over for damaged stock. None of my boxes were crushed during the move so I am quietly confident that there will be no damages.

I am aiming to re-activate the site by the 11th, earlier if I can get everything counted beforehand.

Once I have done my stock take I will urgently need to place stock orders with LOC, Semroc, Fliskits, Apogee and perhaps Binder. I will automatically order some of the new releases from these manufacturers but as usual if there is something in particular anyone is after - don't be afraid to ask.

Glad to be back (almost anyway)!
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Good to see you back Bones ! Hope your new year will be best ever. :)

Ps. I would have been VERY surprised if you would have some broken goods as you are the "master packager". :wink:
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

The Wombat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby The Wombat » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:26 pm

It was good to meet up over the holidays - I can attest to the fact that he now has a LOT of room to store rocket bits. :D
TRA #11586

Well wadda y'know.... it IS rocket science!

hybridhighflyer
Engineer
Engineer

Postby hybridhighflyer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:29 pm

I have about $1000 in orders hope ya stocked up lol

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:41 am

Just a quick update guys....

It has taken longer than anticipated to get everything back-up and running, however - I am now close to switching the site back on.

Hopefully by Monday the 18th everything will be back to normal. Apologies for the delay, I was a bit optimistic with my previous estimate. :oops:

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Return to “Suburban Rocketry”