Site upgrade

Suburban Rocketry has closed

Moderator: Moderators

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Site upgrade

Postby Bones » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:18 pm

Last week there was a server upgrade on the Suburban Rocketry hosted system which caused some major problems for the Suburban Rocketry software. At that stage the site was refusing to recognise customers during the check out process. Pretty handy if you just spent 30 minutes putting an order together only to loose the work when you tried to place the order.... :oops:

Over the weekend the software was upgraded to the latest version. The interface behind the scenes is quite different and I am coming to grips with a few glitches.

Somebody has just reported a problem that I haven't come across before and during my own testing (just now), I was unable to reproduce the problem. I am left suspecting it is a browser specific problem or a one off hiccup.

I use Firefox and as a result most testing has been done with this.

If anyone has any problems can they please report it to me. I do expect some minor teething issues but with feedback I hope to have these sorted with minimum fuss.

I think at the end of the day I originally chose the wrong software package to use. It took the best parts of six months to set-up so the commitment now is a huge one to go and change it all and start over. Having said this, I am still investigating some options and might look at doing something next year. Personally I like the clean look of the site and think the shopping experience is pretty straight forward but I have had my share of database issues from day one and if it continues a change is really only a matter of time.

Thanks guys!

8)
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Thunder_Cat
Rocket Flyer
Rocket Flyer

Thanks for the Info

Postby Thunder_Cat » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:42 am

Thank You Bones for the Info,being a Regular Customer for the past few months I've only have one or two issues with ordering on Suburban Rocketry which I had reported as they occurred.
I only use Firefox when placing orders on your site because Internet Explorer 7 or 8 is so Cantankerous, subject to freezing etc from my end.
Good Shopping can be Guaranteed for the Future.. :lol:

Return to “Suburban Rocketry”