Low power kits?

Suburban Rocketry has closed

Moderator: Moderators

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Low power kits?

Postby Bones » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:57 am

I want to keep Suburban Rocketry dynamic and interesting and to do this I believe I need to offer new kits on a fairly regular basis.

Initially Suburban Rocketry started off with Semroc, Fliskits & Dynastar kits. Since October 2007 I have also added Sky kits, Dr Zooch kits & Mercury kits.

I am on the hunt at the moment for at least one new manufacturer to add to my available stock range.

So guys, what low power kits would you like to see available? (Apart from Estes & Quest)

Talk to me!
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Avachovy
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Avachovy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:18 am

i would love to see you stock some art applewhite stuff!

http://www.artapplewhite.com/

just got to love those saucers!

Scoop1261
L3 Rocket GURU
L3 Rocket GURU

Postby Scoop1261 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:19 am

Pemberton Technologies and TLP (The Launch Pad) would be good.
Why Limit Yourself?

AMRS #4 - L3 |TRA #11080 - L3 |MDRA #263

Impulse: A Whole Lot ..So much I've lost count!

skippy
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby skippy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:01 am

Sirius has some nice stuff:

http://siriusrocketry.com/sirius00.htm

Also some good stuff available from Squirrel Works:

http://www.squirrel-works.com/

In the long run, it depends on which manufacturers you can work well with, and which manufacturers kits are selling for you. It is pointless having stock which no-one is buying, no matter how cool it is.

Not to diss Avachovy's idea, but I can't see a lot of point in having Art Applewhite's stuff on the shelf. Art takes Paypal and ships to Australia free of charge. Bones would have to charge local postage, which would make it more expensive to buy locally than from OS. Just my $0.02 :wink:
"I think people unfairly criticize Wikipedia just because it's often inaccurate... Compared to newspapers, Wikipedia is the word of God." - Max Barry

"Attitude gets altitude". - Me. I said that

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:20 am

Squirrel works is out. I sent them several emails a few months ago and they won't reply. Qmodeling and The Launch Pad did the same thing. Just simply won't return my emails, not even to say "thanks, but not interested".

Disappointing because I think all three manufacturers have some really great kits...

I am all for approaching Sirius, these are the sort of kits I personally would choose to buy and build myself.
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Avachovy
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Avachovy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:21 am

skippy wrote:.
Not to diss Avachovy's idea, but I can't see a lot of point in having Art Applewhite's stuff on the shelf. Art takes Paypal and ships to Australia free of charge. Bones would have to charge local postage, which would make it more expensive to buy locally than from OS. Just my $0.02 :wink:

really? holy crap ive been missing out!

Wingnut
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Wingnut » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:39 am

Those kits from Pemberton Technologies look pretty neat.

I was recently looking for a cheap level-1 kit with a 24mm body tube, suitable as a first kit for someone new to rocketry. I came across Custom Rockets (http://www.customrocketcompany.com/store/).

These kits aren't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I have a specific purpose and budget in mind (i.e. under USD$10).

I have no idea about the quality of these kits.

If anyone in Brisbane is ordering stuff from HobbyLinc, could I add a kit to your order, so I can check-out how good these kits are?

Mike

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:58 am

I have access to Custom rockets at good pricing but didn't think enough of their kits to warrant adding them....

I have mostly focussed on what I would consider the more interesting and unique designs where possible.

www.suburbanrocketry.com

skippy
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby skippy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:45 pm

Avachovy wrote:
skippy wrote:.

really? holy crap ive been missing out!

Yes, you have! :D
"I think people unfairly criticize Wikipedia just because it's often inaccurate... Compared to newspapers, Wikipedia is the word of God." - Max Barry

"Attitude gets altitude". - Me. I said that

rbsleepr
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby rbsleepr » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:17 pm

Bones wrote:Squirrel works is out. I sent them several emails a few months ago and they won't reply. Qmodeling and The Launch Pad did the same thing. Just simply won't return my emails, not even to say "thanks, but not interested".

Disappointing because I think all three manufacturers have some really great kits...
... snip ...

Bones, you know that TLP has moved to Florida recently, their contact details may have changed.
TRA #11543 L1

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:55 pm

rbsleepr wrote:
Bones wrote:Bones, you know that TLP has moved to Florida recently, their contact details may have changed.

I contacted them via the email address on their website.....
http://www.the-launch-pad.com/index.htm

I can always try again. When I send emails and don't get replies I treat it as a flashing beacon that I am probably not going to get reasonable service in the long run anyway.

www.suburbanrocketry.com

Kryten
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby Kryten » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Pity - they look nice.
Chutes seem a bit small. though
"Pub, ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks" (“Timeslides”)

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Postby krusty » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:30 pm

How about some of the Micromaxx kits from Flis?

Since discovering I can get motors here, would love to build up some kits. I'd be interested in a MMX Doo-Hickey, Honest John and the Interloper kits :)

Krusty

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Postby krusty » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:37 pm

Mike wrote:I was recently looking for a cheap level-1 kit with a 24mm body tube, suitable as a first kit for someone new to rocketry. I came across Custom Rockets (http://www.customrocketcompany.com/store/).

There's some neat looking kits there :)

Krusty

water rocketry man
Engineer
Engineer

Postby water rocketry man » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:55 pm

Bloddy people from us we give them our resources and they give us jack :evil: :evil: I want somebody to bloddy call them instead of email :twisted:

Return to “Suburban Rocketry”