Moderator: Moderators

bar-man
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Re: Neil Armstrong in Australia

Postby bar-man » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:51 pm

A bit of background to the visit:

Date issued: 19 July 2011

As the world awaits the return of space shuttle Atlantis into the Earth’s orbit and commemorates the anniversary of Neil Armstrong’s first steps on the moon, CPA Australia has announced that it will be bringing the living legend to Australia as part of its 125 year anniversary celebrations in August.

‘Neil Armstrong is a man who is known not only for his historic step as the first man on the moon, but also for his leadership, intellectual rigour, ethics and vision’ said CPA Australia CEO Alex Malley.

‘Accountants are increasingly required to provide leadership and strategy above and beyond their technical expertise, and Neil Armstrong is the perfect person to discuss the importance of leading teams and providing long term vision to achieve great things.’

In a recent extended conversation with Neil Armstrong, Alex Malley was struck by Neil Armstrong’s humility and his continual desire to be involved in adventurous activities. ‘What sets Neil Armstrong apart is that he put his life on the line for the advancement of society, embodying great leadership,’ said Mr Malley.

‘Looking at one of history’s great events will further inspire us to think and dream big at a time when such qualities seem to have gone missing. Frontier leadership involves vision, courage and a lack of self-preservation, which do not appear to be the prevailing characteristics of many leaders these days.’

CPA Australia is particularly pleased to bring Neil Armstrong to Australia, given the rarity of his public appearances. As well as a cocktail event in Sydney on Wednesday 24 August that is open to the public, Neil will be involved in a number of CPA Australia events to celebrate the 125 year milestone of the organisation, which was the first to set foot on the sparse terrain of the professional accounting landscape in 1886.

CPA Australia is one of the largest membership bodies in the world with over 132,000 members internationally. Alex Malley FCPA, CEO of CPA Australia, is available to discuss leadership and Neil Armstrong’s visit.

Mark.
bar-man (Mark)
QRS #064, AMRS #42 L2, TRA #13028
QRS Commitee member

Passaretti
Mars...........................✓ N5800.........................✓ Next Mission ... ###,###
Mars...........................✓ N5800.........................✓ Next Mission ... ###,###

Postby Passaretti » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Armstrong gave a very compelling speech to the U.S. House of Representatives last week. It's worth a read if you have 5-minutes and are interested in the current state of the space program in the U.S.

http://science.house.gov/sites/republic ... strong.pdf

Mike
Mike Passaretti, TRA 5369

jb
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby jb » Sun May 06, 2012 8:35 am

Found this ... 8)

CPA AUSTRALIA PRESENTS

An Audience with Neil Armstrong

In this four part series the first man to walk on the moon, gives a personal commentary on Apollo 11’s historic lunar landing, his thoughts on leadership and taking risks to innovate for the future.

Part 1 – Space Race now available
Part 2 – Blast Off available 8 May
Part 3 – Giant Leap available 15 May
Part 4 – Presidential Pride available 22 May

http://thebottomline.cpaaustralia.com.au/

jb

kopius
Elle3
Elle3

Postby kopius » Sun May 06, 2012 10:33 am

FANTASTIC!!!!
QRS Secretary

AMRS #3 L3 ACO
Life member of QRS

NAR L2 #98260

MDRA Member #0241

Wingnut
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Wingnut » Thu May 24, 2012 12:42 pm

An article was posted on the Sydney Morning Herald website today about a one hour long interview Neil Armstrong did recently with CPA Australia.

I was all excited until I realized it seems to be a rehash of the interview from last year.

I hope I look as good as Neil Armstrong when I’m 81 years old.

Mike

Wingnut
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Wingnut » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:27 pm

I just stumbled across a video of the one-on-one interview between Alex Malley (CEO of CPA Australia) and Mr Neil Armstrong. It is entitled:
    An Audience with Neil Armstrong (2011 interview)
The video is the four part video series that was formerly posted on the CPA Australia website. This one-one-one interview was recorded shortly after Neil Armstrong's speaking appearance on 24th August 2011.

It is amazing! Best 50 minutes of my day:

Enjoy,
Mike

Return to “News & Events”