Canberra Rocketry Group will be holding its second low/mid power launch for 2022 on Sunday 1 May at our Manton Road launch field, weather permitting. Set up will start about 9:00 AM with launching from 9:30 AM through to about 1:00 PM.
We still need to be COVID safe so you will need to sign in at the launch using the QR code on site or the manual sign in form. If using the QR code, you will need the Services NSW app. Please review the COVID safety procedures below.
Please note that as we are a Tripoli prefecture you must be a current Tripoli Rocketry Association member to launch with us and a current CRG member. For full details of our launch and membership policies, please check our website at http://canberrarocketry.no-ip.org/. We will accept membership renewals, new applications and payments at the site.
Please check the notifications here on the AR Forum; on our website (http://canberrarocketry.no-ip.org/); and our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/CanberraRocketryGroup/) over the next week to get the latest updates. If you haven't already done so, it would be appreciated if you could advise us of your intention to attend this launch by sending a notification to our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the rain we've experienced over the Summer months, there has been an excessive growth in the grasses at the launch site. We have managed to slash the general operating area around the launch site. However, as there is still a large cover of long grass surrounding the site, you are strongly advised to wear long trousers and closed shoes.
The weather forecast is promising, so we look forward to seeing you there.
Stay safe & well.
Canberra Rocketry Group COVID-19 Safety Procedures
(Rev. 1.1 April 2021)
Visit the NSW Health website http://www.health.nsw.gov.au for further information.
However, for our launches we ask that you observe the following:
• Do not attend if you feel unwell or have flu-like symptoms.
• All attendees will provide name and contact numbers upon arrival. Alternatively, for those with mobile devices with the Service NSW app installed, we do have a QR code that can be scanned.
• Exercise social distancing at all times. Masks are optional but should be available if necessary.
• Hand sanitiser will be available for all attendees at the LCO table, but you would be advised to bring your own as a precaution.
• Obey all instructions given by CRG supervisors.
• Remain behind the orange rope line at all times except for when you are installing rockets on the launch racks or when retrieving your rockets.
• The RSO will perform a limited contact inspection of all rockets for airworthiness. It might be required for the flyer to disassemble the rocket to confirm or rule out any safety concerns.
• Please use your own pen to complete the launch sheet details to limit physical contacts.
• Please limit the number of people at each launch rack to one individual or group of two.
• Flyers should use hand sanitizer after loading their rocket on the pad and return to their preparation area behind the orange line.
• There might be other requirements on the day depending on circumstances. We will have a safety briefing prior to the first launch.
• If you have any concerns or questions about safety or the range operations, please speak to one of the CRG supervisors.
Canberra Rocketry Group
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest