Canberra Rocketry Group will be holding its next low/mid power launch on Sunday 4 September at our Manton Road launch site, weather permitting. Please remember that we will be having our 2022 AGM from 8:30 - 10:00 AM before the launch. Members who are financial for 2022/23 are invited to attend. Launch set up will commence at 10:00 AM with launching from 10:30 AM through to about 1:00 PM.
As we are a Tripoli prefecture you must be a current Tripoli Rocketry Association member to launch with us and a current CRG member. For full details of our launch and membership policies, please check our website at http://canberrarocketry.no-ip.org/. We will accept membership renewals, new applications and payments at the site. 2021/22 memberships lapsed on June 30, so please renew your memberships now if you wish to launch.
Currently we have protocols in place to avoid introducing Foot and Mouth Disease onto Australian properties. Our landowners have requested that we limit the number of attendees to people who have not recently returned from any overseas FMD hotspots. Additionally, university teams will be limited to 10 attendees per team. If you have any questions about this please contact the club.
Please check the notifications here on the AR Forum; on our website (http://canberrarocketry.no-ip.org/); and our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/CanberraRocketryGroup/) over the next couple of days to get the latest updates. If you haven't already done so, it would be appreciated if you could advise us of your intention to attend this launch by sending a notification to our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We still need to be COVID safe, so please review the COVID safety procedures below.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Stay safe & well.
Canberra Rocketry Group COVID-19 Safety Procedures
(Rev. 1.1 April 2021)
Visit the NSW Health website http://www.health.nsw.gov.au for further information.
However, for our launches we ask that you observe the following:
• Do not attend if you feel unwell or have flu-like symptoms.
• All attendees will provide name and contact numbers upon arrival. Alternatively, for those with mobile devices with the Service NSW app installed, we do have a QR code that can be scanned.
• Exercise social distancing at all times. Masks are optional but should be available if necessary.
• Hand sanitiser will be available for all attendees at the LCO table, but you would be advised to bring your own as a precaution.
• Obey all instructions given by CRG supervisors.
• Remain behind the orange rope line at all times except for when you are installing rockets on the launch racks or when retrieving your rockets.
• The RSO will perform a limited contact inspection of all rockets for airworthiness. It might be required for the flyer to disassemble the rocket to confirm or rule out any safety concerns.
• Please use your own pen to complete the launch sheet details to limit physical contacts.
• Please limit the number of people at each launch rack to one individual or group of two.
• Flyers should use hand sanitizer after loading their rocket on the pad and return to their preparation area behind the orange line.
• There might be other requirements on the day depending on circumstances. We will have a safety briefing prior to the first launch.
• If you have any concerns or questions about safety or the range operations, please speak to one of the CRG supervisors.
Canberra Rocketry Group
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
TRA 14574 L2
Please note that the forecast winds on Sunday are going make recoveries a challenge. You will need to restrict your apogee altitudes. So, choose your motors (lower impulse) and/or chutes (smaller size or reefed shroud lines) accordingly.
TRA 14574 L2
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest