Welcome CRG

Canberra Rocketry Group

Moderator: Moderators

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome CRG

Postby admin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Australian Rocketry would like to welcome the Canberra Rocketry Group to the forum and look forward to chatting to those flyers in our countries capital.

Australian Rocketry Forum Team

NevB
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Canberra Rocketry Group

Postby NevB » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks for the generous welcome all!

The Canberra Rocketry Group has had a couple of successfull (albeit small) launches in 2009, and looks forward to 2010 with enthusiasm.

Head over to the website http://canberrarocketry.no-ip.org/, drop me a line or post a comment here if youd like to get involved.

Cheers,

Nev B
CRG Coordinator

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:47 am

Welcome Nev and all at CRG to the forum ! :)

Good to see you guys launching some rockets and I'm sure 2010 will be a "blast". 8)

There is a stack of info on this forum and the top notch people too.
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Kryten
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby Kryten » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:51 am

G'day Nev.
That's a nice looking website - hopefully you can attract a few more members
"Pub, ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks" (“Timeslides”)

Tarpazium
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Welcome CRG

Postby Tarpazium » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:19 am

Hi Guys

As a number of people here, regularly frequent or pass through Canberra (including myself), can you tell us all, as to how your launch program is going?

I believe almost all three Eastern States, would be particularity interested in knowing, when your are launching and the progress the CRG is making?

Who knows - there may even at sometime in the future, be the prospect of investigating the conduct of a "joint launch" for the Eastern Sea Board states, at a mutually convenient location i.e. Yass :D

After all, most of the other clubs here are just busting to try out,
that really big "lugless" launch rail, that you guys erected, in that park on the hill.

Just think - It would make terrific press - and be sure to get in all the papers.

Regards

Tarp

P.S.

Putting the flag on top of the Launch Rail, when it's not in use, was a very nice "patriotic" gesture BTW. :D

Tarp
“Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so.”

[IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m149/tarpazium/jz1afQl.gif[/IMG]

NevB
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Postby NevB » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:55 am

G'day Tarp!

Things are ticking over here - mostly administrative unfortunately though - we're still trying to tie up the loose ends relating to formal approvals for our LPR site. It really is just an education exercise - helping the bureaucrats understand what our rocketry activities are all about, and how it doesn't represent the big risks that some seem to worry about!

Anyway, as soon as we're good to go, I'll be posting a program of launch dates on the CRG website, and also make an announcement in the forums.

I reckon your concept of a combined/joint launch is a great one - I'm sure we can arrange something without too much hassle!

Cheers,

Nev B

vk1ac
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Postby vk1ac » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:02 pm

NevB wrote:G'day Tarp!
Anyway, as soon as we're good to go, I'll be posting a program of launch dates on the CRG website, and also make an announcement in the forums.
Nev B

Anything happening with the Canberra Club? Did you guys ever get a launch site approved?

Return to “Canberra Rocketry Group”