CRG "END OF THE WORLD" evening launch

Canberra Rocketry Group

Moderator: Moderators

Busterandjo
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

CRG "END OF THE WORLD" evening launch

Postby Busterandjo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:55 pm

According to the conspiracy theorists, apocalypse predictors and my mate on Facebook, the Mayan calendar indicates that the world will be coming to an end on the 21st December this year. This is a bit of a bugger as I have just bought a new car and I don’t pick it up until the 19th.

However, to celebrate the apocalypse, we are holding an “END OF THE WORLD and Christmas barbeque” launch on the 23rd December.

Yes, Yes, I know that it is listed for after the “Official” end of the world date but I am confident that the end of the world will not be a sudden event but rather occur over a few days like in the movie and as we don’t have a super volcano caldera near us we probably won’t be involved in the mayhem and carnage for at least a couple of days after it commences.

We will meet at the house at the Manton Road Launch site at 5:30pm on the 23rd for a BBQ and get together followed by an evening / night launch. The BBQ will happen regardless of the weather but the launch is dependent on favourable winds and no total fire ban. The landholder will provide the BBQ so bring some meat, drinks and a salad to share.

Check out our website (http://canberrarocketry.no-ip.org/ ) for directions to the Manton Road Launch site. All rocketeers are welcome.

In the event that the end of the world does not occur, Canberra Rocketry Group wishes you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Re: CRG "END OF THE WORLD" evening launch

Postby october sky » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Make sure to enjoy your new car while you can..... :lol: :P
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Kryten
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby Kryten » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Pity it's so late and close to Christmas.
Have a good one, guys
"Pub, ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks" (“Timeslides”)

Busterandjo
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby Busterandjo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:37 am

The weather gods didn’t quite smile on us for the END OF THE WORLD evening launch. Thunderstorms and rain prevented a launch but we were treated to an amazing lightning display that lasted for hours.

However, we did have a great BBQ and get together to celebrate 2 years of successful launches by the Canberra Rocketry Group. Many thanks must also go to our respective partners who regularly:-
• allow us to disappear to launch rockets,
• put up with rocketry bits and pieces laying around the house,
• tolerate the kitchen table being hijacked to build the latest rocketry project,
• smile and nod when talked at about specific impulse, altitude, apogee, deployment and other rocketry matters, and
• get told “yes, it is definitely essential that I spend $”X” on rocketry bit “Y” “.

We would like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and we look forward to seeing you at one of our launch events in 2013.

Kryten
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby Kryten » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:54 pm

Pity about the "No Go"
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all at CRG

Busterandjo wrote:we look forward to seeing you at one of our launch events in 2013.

We'll have to take you up on that!
"Pub, ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks" (“Timeslides”)

Return to “Canberra Rocketry Group”