56er, ignite ork files?

Discussions on low powered model rockets using E powered motors and below.

Moderator: Moderators

T713
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

56er, ignite ork files?

Postby T713 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:57 am

Hi all
Could anyone tell where to find the ork files or rocksim files for the SCR LPR and MPR rockets.
Ive looked in rocketreviews and free ork file with no luck.

As ive modified a ignite to a 24mm MM with screw retainer. Ive done CP by swing test but would like do modify the sim to be sure.

Pete

T713
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Re: 56er, ignite ork files?

Postby T713 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:24 am

20190830_090851_compress22.jpg
20190830_090801_compress62.jpg

Lamp
Aged like a good scotch
Aged like a good scotch

Postby Lamp » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi Pete, There are probably no pre-done model files. A simple rocket like that would not take long to model, Open Rocket will most likely have most if not all of the materials in the library. The most important things in a model are the CP, which the model will give you from the sizes of all the external components, the final weight and the CG, which you can measure. The individual weight of the parts do not really matter, just the overall weight and CG...in fact if you model in RAS-Aero, apart from the dimensions it needs for the CP calculation, it only wants the overall weight and CG.

You will just have to measure BT length, nose cone length etc (if these are not standard parts) and the fin sizes. You will probably have to do the fins as a custom but that is pretty easy. If you do all of that the modelled CP should be right. Weigh the constructed rocket, measure the CG and adjust your model for the difference. If your rocket is heavier than the sum of its parts, add a custom weight to get the total mass right and move its location to get the CG right, most of this will be the weight of the epoxy/glue and what you have made your fin fillets out of. If your rocket ends up being lighter (almost never happens) just make one or more parts lighter (using mass overide) to get the correct mass and CG. If you do that you will have an excellent model that will be more accurate than one someone else has done. :wink:

The rocket looks great by the way! :D
‘It takes sixty-five thousand errors before you are qualified to make a rocket.’ — Werhner von Braun
TRA 12286 L3
TAP member

T713
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Postby T713 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:46 pm

Thanks Lamp.
Ive done a few small scratch builts on OR. I thought someone may one already that I could modify. I will turn the old laptop on and do it ( I was being lazy haha)

Pete

Return to “Low Powered Rocketry”