Application for approved area

Discussions on low powered model rockets using E powered motors and below.

Moderator: Moderators

toasthall
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Application for approved area

Postby toasthall » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:23 pm

So I have just gotten an email back from CASA stating "If you keep the height to a max of 400ft AGL then you will not need approval / permission…. otherwise you will need to make application for an approved area."

Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed? I know there are rockets that can stay below 400ft, but what is the point? I can't even find any info on applying for an approved area (not that I have looked that hard).

Does anyone know of anyone at CASA who I can speak to who might have a better understanding of the regs?

Cheers,

Dale

kopius
Elle3
Elle3

Re: Application for approved area

Postby kopius » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi Dale,

I thought this was all discussed in the other thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4447&p=52206&hilit=casa#p52206

The easiest way to find out what you can/can't do is read the 'Getting Started' information here: http://ausrocketry.com.au/home-getting-started - In particular, look at: http://ausrocketry.com.au/launching-model-rockets
QRS Secretary

AMRS #3 L3 ACO
Life member of QRS

NAR L2 #98260

MDRA Member #0241

toasthall
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Re: Application for approved area

Postby toasthall » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi Kopius,

Sorry about this it was a bit of a reflex post.

I thought it had been sorted too, but the guy from CASA who I have been speaking to seems to think differently. I am wondering if the site I wish to launch from is still considered controlled airspace or if it is due to the proximity of pine gap. Anyway I left a message for the guy to call me back, so hopefully I can get some clarification from him. I might send him the links you posted as well.

Cheers,

Dale

Return to “Low Powered Rocketry”