School Visit

School and other organisation visited from rocketry clubs.

Moderator: Moderators

rocketman
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

School Visit

Postby rocketman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:36 am

Friday the 13th was a lucky day for 40 year 8 students at Loganlea High. They witnessed the launching of a couple of mini LOC rockets as the culmination of a presentation given by Petar and Blake.

Petar spoke about the history of space travel using models of the Saturn V and the Space Shuttle. Blake showed the students how model rockets work. The students were very responsive and asked some great questions.

The oohs and ahs as the rockets were launched after the students did the countdown is always great to hear.

One of the teacher’s present is very keen to start a rocket club at the school next year. We look forward to helping him in this endeavour.

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:12 pm

Thank you Rocketman for posting that !! It sure is looking like a big year for 2010 for rocketry and school's ! 8)
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

bpratt
Engineer
Engineer

Postby bpratt » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:47 am

Sorry I missed out on that one at Loganlea, as I wasn't sure of the time or actual location, as it was only about 5 minutes from here.

Planning to get out to the one planned for this arvo at Beaudesert though, just waiting to hear back as to exact location and time I need to be there to take photos and help out.

Return to “School and Organisation Visits”