School and Organisation visits by QRS Inc. 2010

School and other organisation visited from rocketry clubs.

Moderator: Moderators

bpratt
Engineer
Engineer

Re: School and Organisation visits by QRS Inc. 2010

Postby bpratt » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:40 pm

What time is the setup for this one at Logan North Library again ?

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 pm

All the times are at the previous page but here it is : Set up 8.30am and talk at 10.30am. Petar is coming to help with the set up and should only take about 45 min. You don't have to be there for the set up if you can't be there at that time but from 9-9.30am would be great. Thank's Brendan. :)
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

bpratt
Engineer
Engineer

Postby bpratt » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:04 pm

october sky wrote:All the times are at the previous page but here it is : Set up 8.30am and talk at 10.30am. Petar is coming to help with the set up and should only take about 45 min. You don't have to be there for the set up if you can't be there at that time but from 9-9.30am would be great. Thank's Brendan. :)

No worries, I will see you there in the morning then.

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Another display and talk is behind us with the Logan North Library just this morning.

The area where we did it was brilliant in front of the full height glass windows and so well organized.

There were actually 30 bookings for the display/talk but not all made it there which is a pity but still ok with 20 or so present. Good news was that they were quite keen to be there in the first place.

Special thank's go to George and Brendan who turned up early to help to do the set up and Petar who shared the talking part. Also to support us was Rob and Alex with Austin, Suzanne and Shirley popping in also. Thank you guys heaps, it was nice to have you on board and chatting with people. :D

Thanks to Brendan, there should be couple of photos coming soon from the event. 8)

Next month will be a very busy one with 2x Scout groups, one school display and one fete to go to. Then there is the actual launch too. I need to be good at home to go to all those places ! :wink:

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:58 pm

I encourage few of the members to come and help on the 4th of Sept. Sat. at Parklands Christian College, 11 Hillcrest Rd, Parkridge, to set up the display, hand out brochures and represent our fine organization. 8)

We need to be there by 11am and ready by 12.30pm. Actual event starts at 2pm and goes till 7pm but we can leave around 5pm. Two LPR launces will take place, one at 3pm and one at 4pm. There is fireworks display later on.

I encourage members also bring rockets to display. Note that we need to carry all our gear from the car park to the actual display area. This is why help would be appreciated. I'll have my gazebo there and a table.

As I'm hoping to take OZ Thunder for this one, would there be some one kind enough to come to my place at 10am latest as I can only fit OZT in my ute so rest of the rockets would have to come with some one else.

This is a fete and attracts 100's of people yearly. As this area is not that far from our launch site it is great opportunity to connect with the locals. :D

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Sumo310
L3 Perfectionist
L3 Perfectionist

Postby Sumo310 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:40 pm

I'll be in Melbourne that week sorry Ari :D
L3

bpratt
Engineer
Engineer

Postby bpratt » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Sumo310 wrote:I'll be in Melbourne that week sorry Ari :D

What did you do wrong to deserve that ? ;)

Ari, I'll try and make it along if I can.

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:09 pm

Simon, one day. :wink: Appreciate your feedback mate.

Thank's Brendan, very much appreciated. :D

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

bpratt
Engineer
Engineer

Postby bpratt » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:25 pm

Just a couple of pictures from the Logan North Library visit ...

^^ click for larger ^^

More images at :- http://www.jimboomba.net/gallery/v/Rock ... ?g2_page=3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:17 pm

We were at Parklands Christian College fete today and I would call it successful one indeed. :)

There were hundreds of people there but only drawback was that our position could have been better. Then again other people ( including the police) were in the same area. Good news was that we got to talk to dozens of people who were keen to come to our launches. This is how you get new members. :wink:

Due to very strong wind we could not launch two demo's as planned.

Again it is so plain to see that these sort of displays and school visits are SO important if you want to grow the club's membership. Many of the people we met live around 10 minutes drive from the launch area and many read the local paper which advertises our launches regularly and have written many stories about rocketry. I can say that 95% of the people we spoke to never had heard about the hobby or us. That's why they want to come to see what's it all about. 8)

Special thank you go to George, Brendan and Leigh who were there to help and support "the cause", very much appreciated. Thank's guys again to help me to pack up after, it was a long day too. :D

Good thing was that I got to talk to the schools science teacher and he was keen to get involved in next years "Australian Youth Rocketry Challenge". :wink:

Our crew was photographed by "Albert & Logan News". :)

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

bpratt
Engineer
Engineer

Postby bpratt » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Only took a couple of shots down at Parklands Christian College last weekend.

If you haven't noticed, Ari loves doing these displays. :lol:

[click images for larger]

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:10 pm

Thank's Brendan for the photos and to those wondering why that weird face from me : I'm asking Brendan did you take it already when he snapped it ! :roll:

One of the left is Leigh our committee member and one on the right George, our treasurer. :)

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

cha05cat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby cha05cat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:53 pm

I must say it is a very "Ari" look though!!!
TRA 12482 L2

Check out my rocketry blog here.
http://www.lmetzroth.net.au/

Check out my Photography FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/MetzyPix

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:06 pm

Leigh, you are actually right, that's what I look like when I'm around rockets and good friends !! :lol:

Note: Leigh is also our membership officer and does a wonderful job for QRS Inc. :D

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Here are some of displays and talks happening in the near future.

On the Mond. 27th of Sept. we are going to see some scouts. The display will be held at "The BP Park", Cash Ave, Samford. We need to be there by 9.30am for 10am start. I believe Petar and possibly Blake have promised to be there for this one.

Then on the Thur.14th of Oct. ( only few days after the "October Skies" launch) there is a display at Emmaus College at Jimboomba. Interesting fact about this one is that originally the teacher who contacted me wanted this display for the year 5 kids only. After encouraging him to get some others involved now it's 400-450 students !!! 8) It is to kick off at 9am so latest we want to be there is 8.30am.

On the Mond.25th of Oct. there will be a display a Moggill Rd State School starting at 10am. Again, we need to be there at 9.30am. Note that this is the second time we are doing it for this school. :)

Tewantin S.S.date has to be still confirmed. We had to cancell this due to expected bad weather which never eventuated anyway. :roll:

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Return to “School and Organisation Visits”