School and Organisation visits by QRS Inc. 2010

School and other organisation visited from rocketry clubs.

Moderator: Moderators

bpratt
Engineer
Engineer

Re: School and Organisation visits by QRS Inc. 2010

Postby bpratt » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 pm

october sky wrote:Another one at Emmaus College on Thur. am ! :)

What time AM is it ?

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 pm

9am Brendan ! :wink:
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:53 pm

Today saw Petar, Brendan and myself visiting Emmaus College which is very close to our launch area. Also I had a pleasure of having my wife and little one with me. :)

We had one of the best behaved kids possible paying full attention to all they heard. There was a 150+ students and around 6 teachers listening.

We could have stayed there for hours as during the Q/A time it just kept going.

The launch of the Patriot couldn't have been better as it landed few meters from the pad and looking on was extra classes from the school. We had also perfect weather for it. 8)

The teachers are keen on trying to get a team or two together for next years AYRC. :D

Next Thur. I'll be heading to Northside Christian College at Dakabin.

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:09 pm

This morning I headed to the Northside Christian College in Dakabin which is about an hours drive north from southside of Brissie. I had wife and bub's on board for good company. :D

The teacher who organized this is the head of maths dep. We had students from 7 to 12 attending, around 150+ all up.

Again I must compliment the students behavior at this college, it was first class and credit to this school.

Presentation was really well received and there was number of students that really took huge interest to this awesome hobby. They wowed to take part in next years AYRC. 8)

I launched Code Red which went perfect and the students and the teachers asked for another launch so I put it up again for a good launch & recovery.

It was absolute joy to be there with the enthusiastic students really taking it in. 8)

On the 26th it will be a quite a hike to Tewantin !

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

hybridhighflyer
Engineer
Engineer

Postby hybridhighflyer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Last edited by hybridhighflyer on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Yep, starts at 10am and second one at 11am so need to be there by 9.30am.

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:24 pm

At 6.45am saw us leaving towards Tewantin which is good two our drive from here. It was again nice to have my wife and a little one with me. :)

Got there well in time for the set up and at least 100+ students attended with around 6 teachers and some other staff.

On a way there we got some heavy showers but once there we had mainly sunny conditions with a bit of wind, just about perfect conditions.

Again I can say honestly that the students were so well behaved it was awesome and paid attention all the time. It was quite funny that the teacher who organized this spoke to all of us at the end by saying "it was better than she even expected". :lol: Not sure how to take that one. One other teacher said to me that he has never seen these kids this quiet this long ( half an hour). The feed back was so positive that it sure lifted my spirit. One of the higher grade students said he wants to get a team together for next years AYRC for sure. :D

Code Red did a perfect launch and recovery + all the students begged to have another launch so I did. 8)

Second of December I'll be going to the Scout's at Coorparoo at 5.30pm. This will be the last display/talk of the year. There are already two bookings for early next year. :wink:

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

hybridhighflyer
Engineer
Engineer

Postby hybridhighflyer » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Last edited by hybridhighflyer on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Very nice comments there Wayne, much appreciated ! To those who don't know, Wayne wrote in Finnish : Thank you rocket man ! Only one small mistake mate, rocket is actually spelled "raketti" ie. with two t's, but you did well. :)

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:26 pm

On Thur.night the 2nd of Dec. saw me heading to "Majestic Park Cub Scouts" in Coorparoo, on the south side of Brissie and finally on the same side of town where I live ! :)

I ended up launching the Code Red before the display & talk as day light was starting to fade and it went perfect. It was great to see the people in the park gathering to watch the launch.

There was 65 scouts and most of their parents so around 100+ people. It was truly well received and created a lot of interest. The Q/A could have lasted all night. :lol:

This was the last display for the year. I'm proud to say that we have done 16 of these this year and last night's display was our 30th since starting this rocketry out reach !!! :D 8)

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Return to “School and Organisation Visits”