QRS Inc calendar for 2011

School and other organisation visited from rocketry clubs.

Moderator: Moderators

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Re: QRS Inc calendar for 2011

Postby october sky » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Just last night, Thu. the 25th Petar and I were doing a talk and display at Logan North Library for a great group of people. :D

There were 50 people booked to come but only 28 showed up and the main reason for this one was that the memorial service was held at Logan for the 11 people who died in that tragic fire. I believe around 3000 people were expected there. That is just so sad what happened. :cry:

The people present were really into this and once we were "done" everyone wanted to know where to come to watch rockets being launched, where to get kits, how to get us to schools to do a display/talk and then the AYRC attracted a lot of queries. 8)
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

hybridhighflyer
Engineer
Engineer

Postby hybridhighflyer » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Yet another good job Ari.

Thanks

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:41 pm

I finally got to posting couple of photos from Beaudesert Science Fair/Comp. that Glen and I had a pleasure to attend and share about what's rocketry all about.

Here is Glen doing the "selling", telling students and teachers how to get into rocketry in school level.

Here is the part of croup of students.

I'm explaining the motor sizes.

Here is one of the students with her rocketry essay/display.

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:31 pm

This coming Fri.the 21st I'll be at Shailer Park State School from noon doing a talk and display to grade 7. :)

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:29 pm

The display and talk is now behind me and what started as a presentation to max. 30 students turned out to be for 90 as the "word got out". :D

It was another great and attentive group of students and it is actually rare to get any disruptive behaviour as they really listen what's said. 8)

Q/A could have gone for ages but time was running out so off we went to launch a rocket. It was a bit windy but all went well and everyone was amazed at what LPR can do.

Then we watched a DVD which was well received indeed. After this it's normally done BUT in this school something quite weird happened : Without a lie, at least 50-60 students surrounded me to sign their forearms, one forehead, dozen flyers and half a dozen school shirts.....I actually asked the teachers if that's ok with them and they were all for it. In the past I have only been asked to sign few things but this was just amazing. They really liked it !! :P

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

klee
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

QRS Inc calendar for 2011

Postby klee » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Nice work Ari! Such a superstar, The ninja turtles will be wondering who has stolen all their attention!

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:50 am

Thank's Klee ! :D

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:40 pm

I'll be doing a display & talk at Clarendon State school ( app. 1hr 15 min. from south side of Brissie) on the 2nd of Dec. starting from 11.30am. I have been invited for a morning tea prior to the start. :wink:

This is a small school at fair distance away but they are so keen on this. Planning for this has been going for 2 months at least and during this time the principal had a heart attack. :(

Now, this is no bull, the principal will take leave from bed rest as he would not miss this for anything ! :mrgreen:

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:10 pm

I have just returned from Clarendon State School and what a great school it is. :D

This is a small country town school with all 58 students & staff present. We kicked off with the little bit of a talk on space and size of rockets. Then to the various rockets etc. The whole presentation was really well received and Q/A could have gone for ages. Time for morning tea and I was invited to share it with the teachers.

After that off to the oval we went. There was a bit of breeze around but I waited for a bit of break and the launch went straight up with the perfect recovery only 20 meters away. The students went nuts, every one thought it was so cool. 8)

After this we watched the promo DVD and it has been same in every school : As the power of the rocket motors go up, so does the noise from the students. :lol:

This school will seriously consider entering the AYRC next year as they really not only got excited about it all but they can see the educational value in rocketry ! :mrgreen:

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Return to “School and Organisation Visits”