Mobile enabled Flight Log System

Seen something that has been extremely useful in the rocketry world? Post it here and share your sources.

Moderator: Moderators

snrkl
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Mobile enabled Flight Log System

Postby snrkl » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:05 pm

So I have been looking for a decent iPhone flight log app and have been sorely disappointed with the offerings available..

So I built one myself..

Using Airtable (a cloud based database with iPhone/Android/OSX/Windows native apps) I was able to build this in a few hours.

I give you: Rocketry Flight Log (v0.3)

It has a library of each of my rockets including all the details you need to fill out a flight card, photos, and I can attach graphed launch sims from OR to keep track of predicted altitudes for different motor types:

RocketLibrary.png

I can record flights - the form I fill keeps track of whether an altimeter was fitted, launch, recovery deployment and landing results. I can attach the altimeter3 flight charts and data (this is done back at home on the desktop client)

Flights.png

NewFlight.png

You can create a library of recovery devices and launch sites, so when you record a flight, you can select the laundry chosen on the day and the site you launched from.

Location.png

LaundryList.png
LaundryList.png (38.42 KiB) Viewed 310 times

I am waiting for Airtable to implement a few features:
When they add GPS data types, I'll be able to add "Launch" and "Recovery" GPS coordinates straight from my phone on the day.
When they add custom form printing, I should be able to use a "plan a flight" setup to automate the printing of my flight cards...

All up, I am pretty happy with this solution, and best of all, it is COMPLETELY customisable, extensible and FREE!!

If anyone wants to have a try, let me know.. It's as simple as creating a free airtable account, installing the app and you can clone an empty copy of my setup and go from there..

SpaceManMat
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Mobile enabled Flight Log System

Postby SpaceManMat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:37 am

Nice work there.
QRS: 124
AMRS: 32 L2 RSO
Highest Altitude: 10,849 feet
Largest Motor: CTI 1115J530 IM
Current Project: X Wing

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Re: Mobile enabled Flight Log System

Postby OverTheTop » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:44 am

Looks great!
TRA #13430
L3
"Everybody's simulation model is guilty until proven innocent" (Thomas H. Lawrence 1994)

Return to “I could use that”