Tapematch

Seen something that has been extremely useful in the rocketry world? Post it here and share your sources.

Moderator: Moderators

matthew
Cairns...no where near that

Tapematch

Postby matthew » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Apparently the European modelers were using this at the World Space Modeling Championships to start BP clusters. Looks interesting. It would be trivial to make, but are we allowed?

Tapematch

Igniter sticks
Matthew Small
AMRS #33 L3
TRA #11466 L3
QRS #133

http://australianrocketry.org

kopius
Elle3
Elle3

Re: Tapematch

Postby kopius » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:35 pm

Tapematch is a fireworks product similar to quickmatch, but with the ability to stick it to things. It is made by sprinkling BP into a thick roll of tape with a skinny roll over the top (sticky sides touching). It was first created to make fusing up set pieces (fireworks writing) easier as traditional quickmatch requires holes to be made of the top of each lance.

It is a great product for the right purposes, however it is basically straight BP, so not really accessible in the rocketry world (in Australia at least)
QRS Secretary

AMRS #3 L3 ACO
Life member of QRS

NAR L2 #98260

MDRA Member #0241

matthew

Re: Tapematch

Postby matthew » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:22 pm

kopius wrote:It is a great product for the right purposes, however it is basically straight BP, so not really accessible in the rocketry world (in Australia at least)

Is this a regulatory thing? I presume it would be outside of the permissions of our HPR explosives licenses. If there weren't any regulatory roadblocks, would it be allowed in rocketry in Australia? I'm not seriously concerned, just curious. It looks like a better method than flash pan starting. :)
Matthew Small
AMRS #33 L3
TRA #11466 L3
QRS #133

http://australianrocketry.org

Return to “I could use that”