Cheap PCB Manufacturer (in China)

Seen something that has been extremely useful in the rocketry world? Post it here and share your sources.

Moderator: Moderators

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Cheap PCB Manufacturer (in China)

Postby OverTheTop » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Cheap Printed Circuit Board Manufacturer

Just got some PCBs this week from a supplier in China
DSC04813resize.JPG
DSC04813resize.JPG (235.73 KiB) Viewed 3424 times

Quality looks good :) Good resolution on the features, nice consistency on the board in general indicates good process capabilities at the manufacturer. Just finished assembling one.

Specifications for my board were: 1.6mm FR4, 1oz copper two-layer PTH, Pb-free HASL, red solder mask, white silkscreen.

It cost me $45USD ($25 for five boards, plus $20 DHL courier) for five boards. The entire transaction took less than two weeks. They take payment by PayPal.
pcbmfg.png

Just send them the design file with your requirements for the board and they provide a quote back. You can specify different thicknesses, copper weights, finishes, colors etc. Boards are 100% electrically tested before shipping. Various file formats are accepted. Discuss what is available when asking for the quote.

Boards come well packaged, wrapped in plastic and with desiccant inside. Their customer service is absolutely fantastic!
Just email Jon at sales@multitech-pcb.net for a quote.

BTW, they won’t solder the parts on for you ;-) That is for you to have some fun :D
TRA #13430
L3
"Everybody's simulation model is guilty until proven innocent" (Thomas H. Lawrence 1994)

lorstin
Rocket Flyer
Rocket Flyer

Re: Cheap PCB Manufacturer (in China)

Postby lorstin » Sun May 01, 2016 10:02 am

G'day OTT, of course the next and most obvious question is - where can I get really cheap (read that as free) design software?
IAAH

CATO
Mr Smiley
Mr Smiley

Postby CATO » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:09 am

lorstin wrote:G'day OTT, of course the next and most obvious question is - where can I get really cheap (read that as free) design software?

Hi Lorstin, did you get a reply to your question, if so, I'm also interested in obtaining a good up to date version.
"In thrust we trust"

AMRS 21 L3 RSO
TRA 07459 L3

Impulse:
2019: 14,725 Ns (44% N)
Ns 18: 14,767; Ns 17: 5,973; 16: 34,558; 15: 35,955; 14: 6,016; 13: 10,208
PB - Gorilla N2717WC, H: 10,260', S: M1.14

strud
Engineer
Engineer

Postby strud » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:05 am

Hi All

I decided to go with the hobbyist licence for Eagle which gives you up to 6 layers and quite a large board size.

From memory you can get it through these guys :

https://www.adafruit.com/products/1615

It is a non-commercial licence and hence they require you to sign a document stating that it will only be used for hobbyist purposes.

lorstin
Rocket Flyer
Rocket Flyer

Postby lorstin » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:43 am

G'day, after some searching I found the same software ( Eagle ) mentioned by strud. I think I found mention of it on SEEED website so I just googled it.
IAAH

Happy Heyoka
Rocket Flyer
Rocket Flyer

Postby Happy Heyoka » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:31 pm

lorstin wrote:G'day, after some searching I found the same software ( Eagle ) mentioned by strud. I think I found mention of it on SEEED website so I just googled it.

Have played a little with both Eagle and KiCad which seem to be the best of the "free" stuff... personally I find things that get up my nose with both packages... there's a "certain way" of doing things with both.

Comments on this page seem to cover a reasonable amount of territory:
http://hackaday.com/2015/12/27/eagle-to-kicad-made-easy/
I'm not even close to pushing the limits of either system so largely not an issue for me.
Ha ha ha ha ha! You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Clause!
Chico Marx - A Night at the Opera (1935)

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Postby OverTheTop » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Sorry I can't add to the discussion here. I have only used Protel in the past and Altium Designer now, at work. Protel PCB became Altium Designer about 15 years ago.

It is about $6k per seat I believe, although if you are in China it is free!

The only other system I have experience with is black Bishop Graphic tapes on clear drafting film (up till about 1984)

Just remembered, before that I used a Dalo pen directly on the PCB laminate :wink:

I should mention that we also use Mentor Graphics at work currently, and it costs about $50k per seat per year :!:
TRA #13430
L3
"Everybody's simulation model is guilty until proven innocent" (Thomas H. Lawrence 1994)

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Postby OverTheTop » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Just thought I'd update this thread again and give these guys another plug...

Got some boards made for work recently. Double sided PTH, 20x70mm, silk screened and masked, HASL finish.
Cost was $37USD delivered :shock: , in under two weeks :) . Great quality as usual. Painless to deal with.

http://www.pcbwell.com

pcbwellr.png
pcbwellr.png (225.17 KiB) Viewed 2666 times

Instant quote via the website.
TRA #13430
L3

Return to “I could use that”