ROCKETS Magazine

The Official Magazine of Tripoli Rocketry Association

Moderators: Wingnut, Moderators

Wingnut
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Wingnut » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:45 pm

Everyone will have received a ROCKETS Magazine sticker in their magazine. Don't forget that you can put it the good use.

Bob and Neil run a monthly sticker contest where the prize is a ROCKETS Magazine hat and your photo posted on their website. All you have to do is place the sticker somewhere that will get it noticed, take a photo of your sticker in situ and e-mail it into the edior (editor@libertylaunchsystems.com). I think you stand the best chance of winning if there's something imaginative or unique about where you've placed your sticker and it looks like it'll generate some good advertising for the magazine.

I'd love to whack one on a kangaroo, but there's some logistical and personal safety issues with getting it on and off a local skippy. It might attract some undue attention from the RSPCA as well.

Ciao,
Mike

ROCKet STAR
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby ROCKet STAR » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:00 pm

Damn... I already stuck it on the plastic box I keep all my crap in... perhaps if I put the box somewhere imaginitive and take a photo of it!
Chris Barnes

AMRS# 29 - L3

UKRA - L3

Sumo310
L3 Perfectionist
L3 Perfectionist

Postby Sumo310 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Hmm, IF mine arrives, I'd be tempted to go whack a sticker on one of the Tiger 70mm rocket pods or dummy hellfire downstairs :)
L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:06 pm

Big thanks's again Mike for organizing this. The cover shot is just superb, worth framing !! 8)

I reckon this mag. is a big help to keep us all inspired even further and even unite us in some way in our rocketry journey. :)

I have few back copies of previous issues and have been very impressed with it. Real inspirational stuff !
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Scoop1261
L3 Rocket GURU
L3 Rocket GURU

Postby Scoop1261 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Keep an eye out in the next issue.......I think there may be some local content contained within....... :D
Why Limit Yourself?

AMRS #4 - L3 |TRA #11080 - L3 |MDRA #263

Impulse: A Whole Lot ..So much I've lost count!

Lamp
Aged like a good scotch
Aged like a good scotch

Postby Lamp » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:02 am

I find it interesting that you blokes got your copies for distribution well before mine arrived in yesterdays post. I have 3 issues left on my subscription and when I re-subscribe I'll do it through the local system Mike. :wink:

The normal issues are not always as thick as the LDRS 28 edition but well worth a look! :D

Bones
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Bones » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:33 pm

Got my copy mid last week. What a great magazine!

Another thanks over here to Mike.
"You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being ... Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues." - Richard Dawkins

www.suburbanrocketry.com

cha05cat
Engineer
Engineer

Postby cha05cat » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:08 pm

Mike wrote:I'd love to whack one on a kangaroo, but there's some logistical and personal safety issues with getting it on and off a local skippy. It might attract some undue attention from the RSPCA as well.

Is that meant to be a euphemism???

I do believe that the RSPCA does frown upon sexual relations with animals...
TRA 12482 L2

Check out my rocketry blog here.
http://www.lmetzroth.net.au/

Check out my Photography FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/MetzyPix

Wingnut
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Wingnut » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:23 pm

L.O.L. :D You're a sick puppy (shudder)! Funny, but sick!

I really appreciate the words of thanks guys but it's Bob and Neil that you should be thanking. They're doing us a big favour by shipping the mags to Aus for the US retail price and we pay just $1.65 per issue on top of that to cover local postage.

By the way, all issues of ROCKETS magazine are now being bulk shipped to Aus in the same carton; regardless of whether you're a long-time subscriber or you just signed-up. The variation in your delivery dates is due to the peculiarities of Australia Post. The exception to this was Astro's back issues, which seem to have been sent directly to him because they didn't fit in the carton with the latest issue.

Ciao,
Mike

krusty
Engineer
Engineer

Postby krusty » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:31 pm

Wee!! Back at work and magazine waiting for me to waste the day reading :)

Thanks Mike & all who helped getting this organised!

Krusty

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Postby OverTheTop » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:07 pm

What will happen with future subscriptions? Do they just get added into the existing batch at the same price as we got when they subscribe through the website?

Why I am asking is that I was thinking of getting our local library to subscribe, to show people what is out there (including us!)

:)

Wingnut
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Wingnut » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:00 pm

OverTheTop wrote:What will happen with future subscriptions? Do they just get added into the existing batch at the same price as we got when they subscribe through the website?

Yeah, I believe so. I understand that all future Aussie subscriptions (regardless of anniversary date) go into the carton that gets shipped to me. I simply fill each pre-addressed envelope with a magazine and drop them into the post office.

bpratt
Engineer
Engineer

Postby bpratt » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:07 pm

OverTheTop wrote:
Why I am asking is that I was thinking of getting our local library to subscribe, to show people what is out there (including us!)

:)

Now that's an idea... would be good if we could get the Logan City libraries to get them in too, particulary since our launch area is in the LCC's area.

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Go for it Brendan ! :)
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Postby OverTheTop » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:07 pm

Local libraries have a budget for new items requested by members. Ours is very happy to get in whatever we want.

I'll include in the magazines (if they subscribe) details of this site, MMRG, and Suburban Rocketry.

Spread the word!!

Return to “ROCKETS Magazine”