ROCKETS Magazine

The Official Magazine of Tripoli Rocketry Association

Moderators: Wingnut, Moderators

cha05cat
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 7:38 am
Location: Bellbird Park, Ipswich, Queensland
Contact:

Re: ROCKETS Magazine

Postby cha05cat » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:37 pm

october sky wrote:Blake,hair dryer you say, yours ???? :lol:

I was lucky, only one end got a bit wet. Only problem at the moment that I have is that I've been so flat chat I didn't even open the envelope till last night, not happy ! :roll:


I will go in to bat for you Blake mate... I am sure that if he had a hair dryer it is only for drying paint on his rockets! In fact, to tell you the truth I have stolen one of my lovely wifey's old hair dryers for drying paint.
TRA 12482 L2

Check out my rocketry blog here.
http://www.lmetzroth.net.au/

Check out my Photography FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/MetzyPix

User avatar
kopius
Elle3
Elle3
Posts: 2869
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:30 pm
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Contact:

Re: ROCKETS Magazine

Postby kopius » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:56 pm

october sky wrote:Blake,hair dryer you say, yours ???? :lol:

I was lucky, only one end got a bit wet. Only problem at the moment that I have is that I've been so flat chat I didn't even open the envelope till last night, not happy ! :roll:


cha05cat wrote:I will go in to bat for you Blake mate... I am sure that if he had a hair dryer it is only for drying paint on his rockets! In fact, to tell you the truth I have stolen one of my lovely wifey's old hair dryers for drying paint.


Thanks mate, but remember I am a flyboy, so it's a must to have a decent styling range ;-) haha
QRS Secretary

AMRS #3 L3 ACO
Life member of QRS

NAR L2 #98260

MDRA Member #0241

User avatar
The Wombat
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Back of nowhere, turn left.
Contact:

Re: ROCKETS Magazine

Postby The Wombat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:23 pm

What problem? Mine turned up just fine! :D
TRA #11586

Well wadda y'know.... it IS rocket science!

hybridhighflyer
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast Queensland

Re: ROCKETS Magazine

Postby hybridhighflyer » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:27 am

I thought blake was a navy boy..... my mistake ;)

User avatar
kopius
Elle3
Elle3
Posts: 2869
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:30 pm
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Contact:

Re: ROCKETS Magazine

Postby kopius » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:01 am

hybridhighflyer wrote:I thought blake was a navy boy..... my mistake ;)


NAVY??? I was actually Army, but never on the ground ;-)
QRS Secretary

AMRS #3 L3 ACO
Life member of QRS

NAR L2 #98260

MDRA Member #0241

hybridhighflyer
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast Queensland

Re: ROCKETS Magazine

Postby hybridhighflyer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:59 pm

I know many people who flew and fly the blackhawkes

All of them are nuts and not in a good way ;)

Personally I like the c130's and c117's its amazing when they take off.

Its ok most army people wish they were real flyboys ;)

The closest most get to being one is when they catch a draft below the belt ;)

knight
Rocket Flyer
Rocket Flyer
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:09 pm
Location: Sydney and Canberra

Re: ROCKETS Magazine

Postby knight » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:57 pm

kopius wrote:
hybridhighflyer wrote:I thought blake was a navy boy..... my mistake ;)


NAVY??? I was actually Army, but never on the ground ;-)


Pft Army.

Though i will give them credit where credit is due,

If you need no logic but a large amount of brute strength call the army........just don't ask them to do anything complex.

And since Hybridhighflyer brought up the flyboys (AKA the RAAF) I figure its time for this oft repeated saying in inter service rivalries

How to tell the difference between the 3 services:
Army sleep under the stars
Navy navigate by the stars
Airforce choose their hotels by the stars.

Go Navy. :D
...Was it meant to do that?

TRA (L0): 12747

hybridhighflyer
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast Queensland

Re: ROCKETS Magazine

Postby hybridhighflyer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:55 pm

the navy did have 1 thing the rest of the world didnt have the best subs the collins class that you could hear before you can see. the army on the other hand needs a manual on how to destroy a engine. Flyboys dont always fly engines we just keep you guys alive

User avatar
The Wombat
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Back of nowhere, turn left.
Contact:

Re: ROCKETS Magazine

Postby The Wombat » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:32 am

Yes, but that's only because the Collins's secret weapon is to be SO noisy that it deafens enemy sonar operators!
TRA #11586

Well wadda y'know.... it IS rocket science!

User avatar
Wingnut
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 1004
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:39 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: ROCKETS Magazine

Postby Wingnut » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:16 pm


I have couple of spare copies of the February Issue of ROCKETS magazine. Would anyone like to avail themselves of a copy for $8.00 (that includes postage)? If so, please drop me a PM.

Mike


RobAust
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:19 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: ROCKETS Magazine

Postby RobAust » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi Mike,

I was unable to get a PM through to you for some reason.

I would be interested in a copy of the magazine -could you please sned me the details ?

Regards,

RobW
Rob Winchcomb
QRS# 053
QRC# 052
TRA# 12746 (L2)
CAR# S1090 (L3)


Return to “ROCKETS Magazine”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest