Altitude Records Online

Discussions on high/extreme altitude and mach busting rockets.

Moderator: Moderators

Rockoon
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Re: Altitude Records Online

Postby Rockoon » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:30 am

Yeah,
I always have a problem linking these long links in these forums. They seem to cut them off for some reaon.

Try this or check out our website under M motors.

http://www.australianrocketryclub.com.a ... 76.28.html

Let me know if this doesn't work again but I think this'll do it.

thanks!
Home of the Rocketry Records List send me your email and I'll link you up to it.

jase
It runs on moonshine
It runs on moonshine

Postby jase » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks Rockoon, that one worked :D
Me and my rockets run on Moonshine.

Rockoon
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby Rockoon » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:55 am

That's good to hear. Wow. There's some serious rockets happening down there. I hope I hear more from you guys!

Cheers!
Home of the Rocketry Records List send me your email and I'll link you up to it.

Rockoon
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby Rockoon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:16 am

Sorry guys. I've been spelling Australia wrong. Probably since forever now that I think of it.
In Canada we we say things "ay" lots (if your not familiar with that stereotype, it's widely known here). So I've been spelling it Austr(ai)lia all this time. Doh! Well on my records lists they have all been fixed now.
Slap me if you see that happens again...

...And keep those records comin' ay!

Rockoon

ogivemeahome
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby ogivemeahome » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:04 pm

The Frisky Frog will be flying soon (see thread here - http://www.ausrocketry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3548)
... and when I get some more build time, a two stage/24mm min diam. that might earn itself a record :wink:
... if I can find it when it lands :?
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner. (English Proverb)

Rockoon
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby Rockoon » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:41 am

All right! :D Definitely keep us in the loop on this one. I hope you have a lot of flat area and no wind for this one. Motor? C11? D12? Maybe Gap staging? C6-0/D12-7? :twisted:

No matter what, Cheers and good luck to the Frisky Frog!

Forbury
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Postby Forbury » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Some of those records could be broken, looking at a D12-5/7 and F39-9, and F72-10. Speeds range from mach 0.5, 0.96 and 1.32 respective according to calculations. Should look at launch in a few weeks to confirm this.
GTF Aerospace

Rockoon
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby Rockoon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:39 am

Great! Yes Forbury, Please do try. Make sure you record EVERYTHING to prove them and I'll post your achievement(s) in those given motor catagories. There's so many low records on the site just waiting to be overturned. Heck, so many more are completely wide open!

Well, the D12-5 looks easier then the D12-7 to break.
The F39 I believe is a real possiblity. Adrian A's F39 at 1,439' is not overly high for that impulse. There appears to be alot of headroom on that one.
A F72 motor? No one has sent in a claim yet, so it could be yours for the taking.

Even if you're unable to bust them, please let us know how you did. I have so very few Aussi records posted, they can truly be a slam dunk to get them...and I know there's many that fly over there. (I'm assuming you're Australian...)

Again, please prove it online, send in your record breaker, I can review it, and possibly post it for you.
Use your alitimeter, pics or vids of the flight, witnesses, GPS data, whatever you can to prove it.

Thanks for your comments.
:D
Rockoon

Forbury
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Postby Forbury » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:54 pm

I have to fit in the smallest alitimeter, that will fit into a 24mm nose cone. This is what I have found http://www.adeptrocketry.com/A1cart.htm the A1E. Not sure if this is the smallest. Coupled with a video should have all the info for an upcoming record.

Did some launch tests with a C6-5 and maybe got about 250m using an off the shelf kit, but you can only go so far with 18mm motors.
GTF Aerospace

makeit
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby makeit » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey Rockoon, hows it goin. Nice job with the records man, just exactly what do you need to register a record? I'm pretty sure i have cracked the f39-9. :D
"The mind is like a parachute---it only works when it is open" Unknown author

Rockoon
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby Rockoon » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi Forbury.
I've only viewed some attempts online using small altimeters on 13-18mm diameter rockets. The top dogs haven't used alts and most of them in the past were confirming heights optically. But more and more the small altimeters are being used. Yay.

The Adept A1 seems to be the lowest cost and appears to be quite popular.
However we recently had a Pico alt record using an A3-4. It went 669' (203.9m)
The Tiny Peak P1 http://www.picoalt.com might be the smallest. But they only blink out a result (LED). It's hard to record the findings, but not impossible.
Also, the Jolly Logic Alt One & Two are becoming the rage out there because of their USB capabilities. http://www.jollylogic.com/products/altimetertwo/

A lot of times it's down to rocket material, design, flight stability, weight and speed, and do you pack a chute or not. And of course if the weather agrees too. :)

Good luck on your projects Forbury

Rockoon

Rockoon
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby Rockoon » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi makit.
There's many ways to get on there. But the best provers we've seen out there have used Youtube to record the complete flight (Onboard if possible too).
Plus posting the rocket design, build pictures and flight results showing alitmeter charts, and have witnesses on a forum thread cocurring with your project. It's extremely hard to do all that but some will go to extremes to tell everyone I REALLY DID THIS!

And then the next step is to fill out the appropriate "Submission Claim Form" {It's a link under each catagory} (one of three available on our website) and just send it in. We've received many claims this way. Most have been posted within a day doing that. We will link your online record to the online forums, That's your ultimate way of doing a rocket record claim.
Some may not go that far but get what you can. The more proof the better I'd say.

You can always check out the "Guidelines to Getting on the Lists" at the top of the page for any other ideas I've missed:

It would be great to hear how you did on that F39-9 shot. There' definitly headroom there!
:D
Rockoon

Forbury
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Postby Forbury » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:16 pm

I will start a thread for the said rocket project with engines and altitude calculations. I did a quick calculation with an F39-9 and the rocket should get to almost 3000ft with almost mach 1, have to wait until a launch.
GTF Aerospace

PK

Postby PK » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:59 am

Forbury wrote:I will start a thread for the said rocket project with engines and altitude calculations. I did a quick calculation with an F39-9 and the rocket should get to almost 3000ft with almost mach 1, have to wait until a launch.

If you are getting close to Mach 1 then it will go higher if you add more weight.

PK

makeit
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby makeit » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:09 pm

If you are getting close to Mach 1 then it will go higher if you add more weight.

hey PK, if you have the time and you are not joking could you please help me understand that?
"The mind is like a parachute---it only works when it is open" Unknown author

Return to “Higher, Faster, Further”