I'm in HyperTEK heaven :D

Discussions on hybrid rocketry including rockets, motors and technologies.

Moderator: Moderators

~RR~
Engineer
Engineer

Postby ~RR~ » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:39 pm

october sky wrote:Congrats guys, you are really steaming along, fantastic. :)

~RR~, how can you possibly wait to get your hands on that gear ??

Another thing, IT'S NOT CHRISTMAS YET !!! :wink:

Ha-ha, I know – that why I don’t have the Airframe yet :D
Say that HyperLoc 1600 of yours has a 75mm motor mount right? Haven’t thought about a “L - Earthquake motor system” have you? That what it was designed for right??? :lol:
Shane...
TRA # 11474

~RR~
Engineer
Engineer

Postby ~RR~ » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:52 pm

Playing with the Hypertek fill stem today, fitting it up to the pad. This is a standard J & L drop fill stem assembly.
The bracket is heavy duty, and quite well made of black anodized aluminum. It’s adjustable and it should handle up to 6” rockets (by turning around the plates). The end of the motor sit on the stainless steel rod with the stem inserted up into the motor, then the collar is tightened up about 25mm above the bracket (according to destructions, looking at the pic,????they are a bit vague here) Then cable ties are tried from the slots in the bottom of the motor to the bolts protruding from either side of the collar. When the motor fires up, it burns through the cable ties allowing the stem to drop down releasing the N2O. (I think)

Motor taped to pad… You can see how much adjustment is available. Those plates can be turned around and swapped around..

Had to lift the rail a bit to clear the linkage below..

Unfinished ¼ Patriot for no reason at all, (just playing around) also note savage Chuwawa….Chewwahwah…Chihuahua…Rat-dog for scale… :lol:
Shane...

TRA # 11474

6111_1
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby 6111_1 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:34 pm

nice dog dawg :lol: :lol:

astroboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby astroboy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Very cool RR
When is the GSE arriving?
Satans stooge.

~RR~
Engineer
Engineer

Postby ~RR~ » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:03 am

astroboy wrote:When is the GSE arriving?

Yeah, bout that.... There has been a price rise... $914 USD for basic fill/fire. Gone up around $514 on a couple of weeks ago.. :cry:
I think will have build own....
Shane...

TRA # 11474

Sumo310
L3 Perfectionist
L3 Perfectionist

Postby Sumo310 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:13 pm

Looks good shane! How well does the assembly clamp to the rail? Have you thought about using a bolt to prevent the assembly slipping under the weight of a loaded rocket?

If you had something bigger than a 6" rocket you could easily get some longer bolts and spacers to move the assembly out further.

Also, with the collar, I believe it could work as a drop-stem as such, but thinking back on it, I'm fairly certain the motor is tied down to ensure the motor gets up to pressure and doesn't rise off the stem when the gox is first ignited.

Yes, we defininetly need to sort out some GSE! Perhaps we could come to some arrangement with spacelaunch? :D
L3

~RR~
Engineer
Engineer

Postby ~RR~ » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:04 pm

The bracket is sturdy and is clamped to the 25mm box above where it slides into the 30mm, so it’s not going anywhere.

Sumo310 wrote:If you had something bigger than a 6" rocket you could easily get some longer bolts and spacers to move the assembly out further.

Bigger than 6” ????????:shock: ????????? What are you planning here?

The assembly is drop style. (not as flash as X-Rockets) the collar is tied to the motor, went the GOX is ignited I’m guessing it burns through the cable ties, that allows the stem to drop down till the collar rests on the bracket about an inch below (I’m sure the pressure in the head tank helps here) any way 1 inch down with the collar resting on the bracket the end of the fill stem is out of the Kline valve so N2O is now flowing into the lit chamber.. I could be wrong here, I’m doing a lot of guessing.:roll:

GSE…. :x
Shane...

TRA # 11474

Sumo310
L3 Perfectionist
L3 Perfectionist

Re: I'm in HyperTEK denial

Postby Sumo310 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:30 pm

I thought it was time for a 3-yearly *bump* of this thread. (has it been 3 years already?? :oops: )

For me, I've been making slow progress with the Hypertek motors. The main challenge was putting up with constant nagging encouragement from the wife to move my HT motors out of our spare room, and into my rocket dungeon. So, all neatly boxed up, they made the trek downstairs over the weekend. I figure they'll sit there for a little longer.

PinkHat dude has kindly offered to build some GSE capable of igniting pyro-free motors, which will hopefully incorporate some of the fairly solid advice I've received from PK.

Shane, when do we pull our fingers out and start flying these suckers???? :roll:
L3

ROCKet STAR
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: I'm in HyperTEK denial

Postby ROCKet STAR » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Sumo310 wrote:
PinkHat dude has kindly offered to build some GSE capable of igniting pyro-free motors, which will hopefully incorporate some of the fairly solid advice I've received from PK.

could this be yet another distraction from flying that carbon creation of his? ;)
Chris Barnes

AMRS# 29 - L3

UKRA - L3

Sumo310
L3 Perfectionist
L3 Perfectionist

Re: I'm in HyperTEK heaven :D

Postby Sumo310 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:36 pm

Lol, he flew it, after much umming and arr-ing, and words of encouragement from his boyfriend.

L3

Return to “Hybrid - Crossbreeding Rocketry”