Coming to Serpentine

Rocketry Victoria encompasses the various rocket activities in Victoria.

Moderator: Moderators

TrioRocketer
Rocket Onlooker
Rocket Onlooker

Coming to Serpentine

Postby TrioRocketer » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:18 pm

I've been interested in mostly low power rockets for some time now and was interested as to whether or not I would be able to attend a launch without Tripoli membership. Is it also possible for children to attend launches?

Raaahbin
Rocket Flyer
Rocket Flyer

Re: Coming to Serpentine

Postby Raaahbin » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:47 pm

The short answers are yes and yes! Guests including children are welcome at launches - you just need to be a member if you want to fly your own rockets. I highly recommend coming along to watch a launch, although be warned - it's a slippery slope from low-power to mid-power and on to high-power. I started off flying an Aerotech Initiator on a little F motor at a Tripoli launch, and within a couple of years I'd done my level 2 HPR cert.
TRA L2 | AMRS L2
TRA #13936
MARS #28

Total Impulse (Ns):
2022: 959 (75% J) :roll:
2021: 12 (65% D) :cry: :cry:
2020: 359 (56% I) :cry:
2019: 2189 (86% K) :)
2018: 736 (58% J) :cry:
2017: 2826 (55% L) :D
2016: 2006 (78% K) :|
2015: 2809 (55% L) :)

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Postby OverTheTop » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:16 am

It is absolutely possible for you to attend a Tripoli launch without membership and you can even fly some LPR rockets, with an existing member sponsoring your flights. Definitely bring the family along too. Our recent Drouin launch was attended by some people in your situation.

If you are coming along I suggest you stop in Bendigo (if you are coming from Melbourne) to grab any supplies you need during the day. Eaglehawk Bakery is my usual stop. We sometimes have a BBQ on for lunch, but sometimes it is better to be self-sufficient. There is a toilet onsite. Bring sunscreen, hat , water, insect repellent, chairs etc. You will be in the middle of a farm paddock.

Don't forget to bring your rockets and motors :)

Message sent via Private Messages also.
TRA #13430
L3
"Everybody's simulation model is guilty until proven innocent" (Thomas H. Lawrence 1994)

OverTheTop
It's only money...
It's only money...

Postby OverTheTop » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:12 pm

From a club email:
We are GO FOR LAUNCH for this Sunday 27 March at Serpentine.

The forecast for Sunday has remained consistent for some days with an expected temperature of 29 degrees, sunshine with little or no cloud and a slight breeze.

We are expecting a number of important flights including Jeremy's Level 2 attempt and Monash University's use of the 15/15 rail on the launch trailer. Don't miss it.

We WILL conduct a BBQ and cold drinks will also be available, both for a modest cost.

A huge thank you to everyone who has volunteered to help in the various roles.

The Flyers Briefing will be conducted at 10.00am sharp with the range open for flying immediately after. Anyone planning to fly must attend the briefing for safety reasons and potentially our insurance arrangements.

See you all on Sunday.

Registration for the event is needed (Free)
Please click on the following link to register (free).
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/vra-ser ... 0560072267
TRA #13430
L3
"Everybody's simulation model is guilty until proven innocent" (Thomas H. Lawrence 1994)

Return to “Rocketry Victoria (MARS & Tripoli Victoria)”