Southern Cross Rocketry's Fly It / Take It event

Australian Rocketry's Thunda Down Under 2015

Moderator: Moderators

Ptommy
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Re: Southern Cross Rocketry's Fly It / Take It event

Postby Ptommy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:50 am

I am SO pumped! Not sure I'll be able to sleep the whole time I'm there! :)

I'm eagerly following every thread, from slang videos to driving on the "wrong" side of the road. In fact, that's what worries me the most, having driven literally hundreds of thousands if not millions of miles here in the US. It's soo comfortable and I'm supremely confident in my driving skills... but to turn that around? Eeek!

The funny part is that normally I'd be psyched to attend NARCON, coming up at the end of the month. I even get to visit my brothers who live in Seattle. But it's more like wanting it to be over, so I'm that much closer to flying to Australia!! :)

So to stay on topic, it may be more than a couple rockets, we have about 24 of them we're trying to fit in our luggage! But for sure we'll have at least 6 brought along.
Tom

matthew
Cairns...no where near that
Cairns...no where near that

Re: Southern Cross Rocketry's Fly It / Take It event

Postby matthew » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Say, did anyone see these two rockets? I don't think they were given away during the FI/TI event. There was some initial confusion when I handed them in as I mentioned the Fatboy needed a C6-3 to fly safely and only B6-4 motors were being given out. The Fatboy was painted with blackboard paint and had a box of chalk sticks so the kid could colour it in themselves. I think it got put away so we could all sign it instead, or some such. The pointy silver rocket got put under the table for some reason and I saw it still there after it was all mostly done. Does anyone know if some kids ended up with these eventually? Did they fly? Were they OK?

ImageImage
Matthew Small
AMRS #33 L3
TRA #11466 L3
QRS #133

http://australianrocketry.org

Return to “Thunda Down Under 2015”