Luggage Woes

Australian Rocketry's Thunda Down Under 2015

Moderator: Moderators

Ptommy
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Luggage Woes

Postby Ptommy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:19 am

Okay, so here are the two intrepid international traveler (wanna-be's)... Trying to figure out our luggage.

We've got two free checked bags on Qantas both ways, so we're thinking that we'll pack our clothes in one each and use the other bags (one each) to bring down rockets and some odds and ends of tools or build supplies. We are buying kits there, and we anticipate bringing a couple kits maybe too. We need to get it all back to the USA though, in it's built size. Okay so far?

Then we get there, claim our bags, rumble off to the launch in a rental car. Done with launch, pack it all up (hoping it fits), return rental car in BNE, and fly to Cairns. Ooops. Baggage costs mega-bucks to check from BNE to Cairns, and we have to schlep it all around with us, even though the extra bags don't do us any good. Ee just need to get them back to the USA with us.

So are there places to store luggage at the BNE airport, or nearby where we could reclaim them before getting on our flight home? Or is someone local that could keep them after the launch and drop them to us at the airport prior to our return? We're flying back out on the 22nd, so this covers Monday until that Saturday when we get back to BNE prior to our flight out.
Thanks! :)
Tom Ha
NAR 76754 L2
NAR Treasurer

cryoscum
STOP... Hammer Time The Prodigy
STOP... Hammer Time    The Prodigy

Re: Luggage Woes

Postby cryoscum » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:21 am

Hi Tom

Looks like you're flying out of BNE again? This makes it easy as you are welcome to store whatever you need to at our place, about 20 minutes from the airport. I'll PM you my address so you can check it on Google Earth. I'm sure Blake will be happy to hang on to some of your things too, but he lives quite a bit further from the airport.

Cheers
Nic
AMRS L3 | NAR L3 | QRS 089 | MDRA 224
AMRS Technical Advisory Group

Total impulse for 2016: 32,458 Ns (thus far)
Total impulse for 2015: 84,231 Ns
Total impulse for 2014: 40,757 Ns
Total impulse for 2013: 62,927 Ns

Ptommy
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Re: Luggage Woes

Postby Ptommy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Thanks, Nic! I replied privately too. Really appreciate it! We owe you a dinner Saturday evening before we fly back!
Tom

Return to “Thunda Down Under 2015”