Joining AMRS

The Australian Model Rocket Society Inc. (AMRS) is Australia's premiere representative body for rocketry which advocates for its various member groups and exists to serve the broader rocketry community.

Moderator: Moderators

joeman
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Joining AMRS

Postby joeman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi,
Hope this is a good place to ask.

If I join AMRS, can I rock up at any of club and fly my rockets?

I only ask because I've noticed that there seem to be fee schedules on some of the clubs...and not sure if this means one needs to pay for AMRS and also the club.

Thanks

Joe
L1 - Callisto (H133) - 11-Jan-2016
L2 - March Fly (1633K940) - 18-Mar-2018 - RSO

Scoop1261
L3 Rocket GURU
L3 Rocket GURU

Re: Joining AMRS

Postby Scoop1261 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:35 pm

Hi Joeman,

Good question
If you join an affiliated club you automatically become a member of AMRS and as such should be able to attend any AMRS sanctioned event and launch up to your certification level.

If you join as an affiliate member (individual) you should also be able to attend an AMRS sanctioned event and launch up to your certification level.

Various affiliated clubs have fee schedules to allow for their own growth and infrastructure, with a component of the club fee going to AMRS for provision of the insurance coverage.

Just on the AMRS insurance coverage, it is a very real policy with a $20 million AU limit.
The certificate of currency is provided to all Ordinary Members (affiliated clubs) or Affiliate Members on request.

Regards
Why Limit Yourself?

AMRS #4 - L3 |TRA #11080 - L3 |MDRA #263

Impulse: A Whole Lot ..So much I've lost count!

Digit
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby Digit » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:19 am

Seems a good place to ask, does the above work in reverse? I'm a bit confused about the ordinary and affiliate memberships, for instance I have joined QRS and would like to fly HPR in the future, will I have to join AMRS and pay a membership on top of my local club membership?

Thanks
"There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives"— Scott Adams

QRS:169
AMRS:108 (L2)

QRS Committee Member

SpaceManMat
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby SpaceManMat » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:34 am

If you joined QRS then you are already an AMRS member and covered if you want to certify. I certified before AMRS existed so had to join Tripoli, but since then a lot of great work has been done to bring AMRS into existance. Which means you get the saving of not having to pay for separate HPR insurance.
QRS: 124
AMRS: 32 L2 RSO
Highest Altitude: 13,647 feet
Fastest Flight: Mach 1.55
Largest Motor: CTI 1115J530 IM
Current Project: X Wing

Digit
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby Digit » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:45 am

Perfect! Thanks for the info.
"There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives"— Scott Adams

QRS:169
AMRS:108 (L2)

QRS Committee Member

Return to “Australian Model Rocket Society”