estes replacement

Discussion on ground control/GSE and recovery equipment. This includes launch pads, triggers, chutes, streamers etc. Includes other items such as simulation and other computer software, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Bicky51
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

estes replacement

Postby Bicky51 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:59 pm

My brother stepped on my estes snapshot & snapped off a fin :cry: so i was wondering where to get estes replacement parts from?

skippy
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby skippy » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:03 pm

It depends on what you are looking for.

Estes will replace faulty parts in kits, usually by giving you a complete new kit.

If you have damaged an Estes kit you may be able to get replacement parts from them directly.

If you are looking for generic rocket bits like tubes and nose cones, then Suburban Rocketry is probably your best bet.

http://www.suburbanrocketry.com/

If you tell us what you are after we will be able to steer you in the right direction.
"I think people unfairly criticize Wikipedia just because it's often inaccurate... Compared to newspapers, Wikipedia is the word of God." - Max Barry

"Attitude gets altitude". - Me. I said that

Bicky51
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby Bicky51 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:35 pm

i am looking for a replacement fin section.

if u can tell me how to post pictures i will show you it.

marvin
Rocket Flyer
Rocket Flyer

Postby marvin » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:52 pm

well, the snapshot is factory built with plastic fins. I don't think you can reasonably remove the entire plastic bottom section without wrecking the rocket, so a replacement (tail section with all four fins) is not going to be a go-er.

I suggest you try and glue the fin back on with plastic cement. I doubt that you'll find a replacement because of the odd diameter (34.3mm). As a final resort you could break off all the fins and replace them with balsa equivalents but that's a bit drastic.

Bicky51
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby Bicky51 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:34 pm

marvin wrote:well, the snapshot is factory built with plastic fins. I don't think you can reasonably remove the entire plastic bottom section without wrecking the rocket, so a replacement (tail section with all four fins) is not going to be a go-er.

I suggest you try and glue the fin back on with plastic cement. I doubt that you'll find a replacement because of the odd diameter (34.3mm). As a final resort you could break off all the fins and replace them with balsa equivalents but that's a bit drastic.

Thank you for your help i have glued it back on.

Return to “Support & Recovery & Misc.”