April 13th Launch

QRS is Australia's largest rocketry club with multiple sites south of Brisbane and in the Darling Downs

Moderator: Moderators

Guppzor
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby Guppzor » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:10 am

I can bring an esky of the usual soft drinks.

memberr
Engineer
Engineer

Postby memberr » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:14 am

That reminds me.....i'll bring a 500mm x 500mm of blank corflute to put one of your logos on if you remember to bring one of your logos :)

Guppzor
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby Guppzor » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:35 am

I had forgotten all about that :P It is sitting on my laptop case, so with any luck I will not forget it to take it home. Then I just have to remember to actually bring it to the launch :D

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:08 pm

That is great, thanks a million Cart. :)

Simon, are you able to bring the goodies ? Couple of packs of serviettes would be necessary, I believe.
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:17 pm

Logan man, thanks for doing the drinks. :)

Hey guys, can you imagine all these various chores if one person would have to do them ! :( How good it is to have a crew like this doing things together and helping. This is what a real club is all about. 8)

Ryan has gone out of his way to get signs for the launch, massive thanks. :)

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Tarpazium
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Tarpazium » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:08 pm

Len mentioned that normally ch 30 or any of the open channels

Channels 10, 20 & 30 are fine as open local call channels. - There are also easy to remember - you start on 10 and got to the next 10 in there is other local traffic. Channel 40 is the call channel for trucking only and given our proximity to the highway will be in use.

I have the PA and low power (5mm & 3mm Rod) launch pads all packed. The battery's are all on charge and we are ready for a 5-50 am departure tomorrow morning .

Talk to you all then

Tarp
“Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so.”

[IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m149/tarpazium/jz1afQl.gif[/IMG]

~RR~
Engineer
Engineer

Postby ~RR~ » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:16 pm

Astro, I've sent you an email... for some reason my pm's are staying in my inbox :?
Shane...
TRA # 11474

bpratt
Engineer
Engineer

Postby bpratt » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:32 pm

Tarpazium wrote:
Len mentioned that normally ch 30 or any of the open channels

Channels 10, 20 & 30 are fine as open local call channels. - There are also easy to remember - you start on 10 and got to the next 10 in there is other local traffic. Channel 40 is the call channel for trucking only and given our proximity to the highway will be in use.

And for those that are unaware channels 31 to 39 inclusive are used for the uplink for the repeater channels 1 to 9 inclusive.

Whilst not all of those channels are in use for repeaters, it's always wise not to use them anyway.

:)

Sumo310
L3 Perfectionist
L3 Perfectionist

Postby Sumo310 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi guys,

I've organised all the food for the BBQ, 100 snags on bread, first in first served! Gold coin donation. I've also got 30 or so bottles of water which anyone is welcome to buy, again for a gold coin. All proceeds go back to the club. If anyone has any spare napkins/serviettes, can you please bring them cos I left them ioff the shopping list :oops: )

I also have motors for Mike, Ryan and Peter, and cleaned Hobbyone out of E9-8s, not too sure how many E9-6s they have left.

The dirtbike is packed on the ute and everything else is getting loaded up now. I just thought I'd take a break from packing to enjoy Pink Floyd performing 'Wish you were Here' and a quiet moment with my mate Jim Beam before I get back into it.

The new fliers/flyers (depending on the dictionary you use, right Mike ;) ) are ready for any spectators to take, along with the new Entry Gate flyer for all spectators to read.

And Blake, if you're reading this... I can't do the 70mm for you, but hopefully the Hellfire will do ;)

Bpratt - any chance of bringing the copy of Jimboomba Times Brian and I were in?

See y'all tomorrow.

Simon
L3

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:24 pm

If Brendan doesn't have a copy, I have an extra one. :)

Fantastic work Simon. :wink:

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

Sumo310
L3 Perfectionist
L3 Perfectionist

Postby Sumo310 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:26 pm

Cheers Ari!

I found 2 rolls of paper towles so they should suffice if no one has napkins.
L3

Guppzor
Rocket Crew
Rocket Crew

Postby Guppzor » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:43 pm

Thanks again guys n gals for making this another great launch. It was great to see a few more composites being used. I think we had quite a healthy mix of black powder and composite launches to keep the spectators interested.

I am very happy with my Mustangs' flights. The F12 and F24 were great, but the G64... :shock:

Anyway, time to grab a drink and start some cleaning :D

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Absolutely perfect weather for launching except the summer temp. Boy, it was hot out there.

Truly good launch and as Logan said, great mix with many more composites going up. There is no doubt that them composites are cool. 8)

Million thanks to all who did so much for making it possible. We were bit late kicking it off but when it did, it went well and flowed till lunch. :)

Too many highlights to mention here, it was all good.( except for couple of CATO's).

I am very privilidged to know you all good people. Such a pleasure to go and launch with you guys.Keep an eye for a new post soon on our Logan City Council display coming up in May. :wink:

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

~RR~
Engineer
Engineer

Postby ~RR~ » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:34 pm

It was a nice day for it…. :lol:
I know I didn’t get to do any of my planned duties, so rushed to get motors prepped (I’m definitely getting more cases so I can make up about 4 the night before)..
Did anyone get spectators numbers? I looked up at from prepping at one stage and there were cars everywhere…

Here’s a couple of pic’s
(click on them to enlarge)

Simon’s Viper 4 x E9-8’s

Image Image Image

Ari’s Callisto on a ?

Image Image Image

Logan’s Mustang on a G64

Image Image

My Executioner on a F24-7W

Image Image Image Image

My Bull-puppy 2.1 of a G80-7T

Image Image Image

My AMRAAM2 on a G64-7W

Image Image Image

This next lot is Blake’s Loc ??? I think, anyway cato’ing on a G64

Image Image Image Image

Well I best keep cleaning cases and rail and the rest :roll:
Shane...

TRA # 11474

memberr
Engineer
Engineer

Postby memberr » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:15 pm

It was a prefect day for it. No wind early in the day and by lunch time it had picked up to a light breeze. We had over 100 visitors (no real figures) with over 50 cars onsite at one stage.

Blake kept us all entertained with 2 not-so-good flights.....as well as the Cool Spool which the people seem to like

We had a few new members sign up and fly their first rockets and were well and truly hooked with many plans for things in the future :)

Anyway heres some photos

Return to “Queensland Rocketry Society”