July 13th Launch

QRS is Australia's largest rocketry club with multiple sites south of Brisbane and in the Darling Downs

Moderator: Moderators

Wingnut
Engineer
Engineer

Postby Wingnut » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:05 am

Hi everyone,

At this stage, the forecast for Sunday is fine with a max temp of 23 degrees.

I understand that the only launch duty at this weekend's launch is LCO. I'm happy to take the first shift. I've only got one or two flights so I can keep going until mid-morning if needed. Are there any other volunteers?

Is anyone bringing their controller and/or launch pad?

I'll bring my new controller but it is "unproven" and I need to borrow a 12v battery to power it. My launch pad with the ¼" rod should be operational. Unfortunately my 2 metre by 25mm rail by won't be ready in time. And I believe that Shane can't make it, so I think we'll be rail-less this launch.

P.S. Congrat's on the good grades Asher. Were there any comments about rocketry being a positive influence?

Mike

water rocketry man
Engineer
Engineer

Postby water rocketry man » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:06 pm

some kids wanted to do rocketry :twisted: and they loved the water rockets man :) .

no comments on the rocketry .

water rocketry man
Engineer
Engineer

Postby water rocketry man » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:30 pm

Hey i dont need the motors im going down to hobby one to get motors.

BTW. i need a bt55 24mm centering rings for my rocket :shock:
Last edited by water rocketry man on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:10 pm

I'll bring my usual gear.

Brian and Len are coming and I believe Ryan too. Should be no Prob's with "duty" people.

I believe Shane is planning to come after all, not 100% sure ?

Personally, I'm looking forward to a relaxed and very enjoyable launch with the great bunch of rocketeers. :) 8)

Feel like a kid : " I have touched a V2" !! Real rocketeers "never grow up". :wink:
QRS Inc. NO: 003

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

CAPCOM
Parachute Packer
Parachute Packer

Postby CAPCOM » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:56 pm

If you need another LCO I,M in.By the way what is an LCO?.Is that Launch Control Officer? on the microphone?
I'm also looking forward to a great uplifting day with a group of IMPULSive friends. :wink:

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Weather will be fine ( I asked God and he said so), possibly bit windy but that makes it interesting. :wink:

I will be there by 7 am but no need to rush as this is a "low key" one. :)

We will enjoy some nice launches. 8)

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

~RR~
Engineer
Engineer

Postby ~RR~ » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:37 pm

october sky wrote:I believe Shane is planning to come after all

now I have to come... :lol:
Shane...
TRA # 11474

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Looking forward to catching up with you my rocketry friend and all others for sure !! :)

You REALLY wanted to come anyway.........right !! :wink:

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

water rocketry man
Engineer
Engineer

Postby water rocketry man » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:07 am

i have the rings and the motor munt tube :D :D :D :D darren youre a bloody legend u know :)

bpratt
Engineer
Engineer

Postby bpratt » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:54 am

Just a FYI, it got down to 2.7 degrees this morning at 6:40am here at Logan Village, so expect pretty much the same at the launch site tomorrow.

water rocketry man
Engineer
Engineer

Postby water rocketry man » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:22 pm

awesome :D

Ok here is what im launchiong on what motor.

Atomic betty 2 D12-0 E9-8

Qaam - D12-7

:?: :?: :?: :?: secret 1 :wink: C6-0 C6-5

:?: :?: :?: :?: secret 2 :wink: C6-5

water rockets. 2 . ( note these ones range from 150-300g)

memberr
Engineer
Engineer

Postby memberr » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:48 pm

Another perfect launch day. Plenty of rockets went up with a good mix of BP and composite motors being used.
There was a bit of wind early on which caused a few of the more over-stable rockets to weathercock which resulted in less then optimal deployment.
The firing relay in both launch systems failed again and we had to resort to the trusty unit sold by Suburban Rocketry.

Mike's Stovi (sorry about the sideways video, but ehh :)

Asher (waterrocketboy) show mike his flash new rocket with 3 parasite gliders and a pic of it flying

Ari's Mercy III (?) scratch built rocket - MIA

Shane (~RR~) switching on his FlyCam2 shortly before its final launch

Kryten
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby Kryten » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:30 pm

Nice pics!
I hope that wasn't a reload in Ari's lost rocket ($) - that's a decent size model, too - you'd think it would be hard to lose.
Asher's rocket with the 3 parasitic gliders looks cool - is that from Suburban Rocketry?
"Pub, ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks" (“Timeslides”)

october sky
Human GPS
Human GPS

Postby october sky » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Hey Memberr, you got in the forum fast. :)

It was absolutely beautiful day for rockets. Temprature during the day kept rising and it felt like spring, +25 I believe.

Too many good flights to even remember. That was my Mercy MK 2 on G38-7 FJ, plenty of black smoke.

Asher has done really well indeed, rockets are improving at every launch. Good on you mate. 8)

Congratulations to Georgio, who launched his first MPR rockets with 3 great flights on Callisto. G71-7R RMS is a great motor for the med. size rockets like Callisto, I reckon Georgio would agree as is G64-7W.

Our newest member Trevor launched couple really well built rockets too. The "bug" has bitten him, no turning back now. :wink:

V2 lost a Bull puppy and we had a search party looking for it without success. V2 was going to head back there later to look for it. It had all the hardware in it. Hopefully he'll come back with good news.

Kryten, not sure what you meant about my lost rocket ? By the way, you and me share the same "hair colouring bottle". :wink: :lol:

Surprisingly, for a non advertised launch we ended up with around 40 - 50 people and at least dozen or more first timers. Good stuff. :)

Life Member

TRA #11616 L3

water rocketry man
Engineer
Engineer

Postby water rocketry man » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:00 pm

mate It was a fantastic launch for everyone and my frick'nfrack worked OK it did arch over :lol: it was still boosting heading downwards :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: but yeay the gliders really flew the all seperated and were great i got all of them in one piece :shock: :D 8) .

I saw that there were som,e rockets that were just unstable ( PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE GUST UNSTABLE ROCKET THERE IS ONE WORD THAT CAN FIZ YOUR PROBLEMS ...... BLUE TACK :!: :wink: )

:roll: anyway i have my first patch for 15 LPR launches that i can sow on my shirt 8)

Well done to everyone at the launch , ari those canard fins mate what went so wrong :( I kinda feel bad that my rocket with canard fins went better
:(

Return to “Queensland Rocketry Society”